Chapter 5

"Let me cheer you up, while your fathers gone you can come checkout the pin-ball machine," he voiced through the phone. As I rolled onto my side and rummaged through the layers of blankets, I knew it'd be a quick day.

"Fine, I'll be down in thirty, and use that map you lent me, sound good?" I agreed perking up as he mentioned the Space Heroes pinball from the previous date. I hung up the facetime call after gave me a thumbs up and began getting ready. 

Once I had my things together, I began biking down block after block to get to the alley where the manhole was. The Purple Dragon's circled China Town mostly, so I was really just cutting things close on a risk rate. It was a short drive and by the time I made it down the last block I could already see where I was headed.

I pulled into the alley and hid my bike behind the big dumpster next to it. It was nasty, but worth it to keep the old thing safe. 

I slid open the sewer grate and slipped inside slowly climbing down. The colder air of first entering rushed up my shirt, the aroma was different than before. Not like I was yesterday with Leo, it was unsettling. 

I got out my phone and found the map Leo airdropped to me, following the path carefully, but something kept me uneasy. Perhaps it was the smell, but I felt watched. Something was breathing down my back, intimidating me, and I didn't know what.

I heard rustling from behind, I spun on my heels and looked at absolutely nothing. Just where I had walked previously, I turned on my phone flashlight, carefully waving it in the shadows and creases and found nothing. It still didn't help though; my gut was set on suspicions. 

"Hello?" I asked, my voice echoing and bouncing off the waters and curved walls. No response. 

I felt it again, hot breathes being taken up and down my figure, I continued to look around, growing anxious. "What the-" I murmured, as I felt the air swiftly move across my leg. 

I started to back pedal, waving the phone light around.

"(Y/N)," a deep voice said low. It came from behind; I felt my back press to something.

I was so scared I jumped, closing my eyes and swinging at the voice's direction. When I opened them, I felt the unsatisfaction of missing the throw and hitting nothing. But someone was still there, laughing.

"Nice throw there, is somebody worried?" Leo asked, shooting me a pearly white grin. 

"You scared me," I frowned. 

"I'm a ninja," he reasoned. 

"Mm, I bet I could take you on," I joked, messing with his ego. 

"Oh really? Go ahead." 

My eyes widened as he backed up and got into a defensive position, he waved for me to swing at him again. I turned going in at his chest which he dodged by leaning backwards and then flipping back over. I swung again, this time attempting to kick him, but to no avail he dodged. I heard his laughter echo across the walls, it wasn't entitled, it was pure enjoyment. I began to laugh too, as he soon disappeared, and I knew he was joking with me. 

"So, you're playing hide and seek now?" I playfully rolled my eyes, placing my hands on my hips. 

"Not exactly," he said, I swung with my elbow at his head, and he dodged and slipped away again. "You have good reaction time." 

"Why thank you," I continued to walk down the sewer tunnels, glancing at the map again. "Celestia would be proud, the best of the best."

"But we all know Captain Ryan is still better," Leo whispered in my ear as he landed on the ground once again. I felt his hands wrap around my waist and tickle me right there and then. I burst into a laughing fit, trying to take his grip off of me but he was much stronger it wasn't even worth it. "Beg," it was almost commanding, low, intimidating.

"Please Leo, stop! Captain Ryan is better now let me go!" I exclaimed through short breaths and a train of giggles, "Alright, alright!"

He finally let go, laughing himself, I was trying to catch my breath. "How did taking me on go?" the turtle asked as we stepped onto the train tracks, and I eyed the Shell Raiser.  

"Quite fine, I don't regret a thing."

We didn't speak until we passed through the turnstiles and saw the majority of the group in the lounge, this time, only the brothers. 

"Heya' (Y/N)."

"What's up dudette?"

"Hey (Y/N), good to see you," Donnie said, casually greeting me like the others.

"Good to see you too, thank you for having me over," I replied. 

"Wanna' join us in super smash?" Mikey invited.

"She's going to play pin-ball with me," Leo responded before I could.

"Heh, good luck with beating him," Raph said.

Leo led me over to the pinball machine, explaining how to work it, he pulled out a couple of little disks from the side of it.

"Don made these, so we didn't have to insert coins to play, the high score is there, set by me."

It was a large number, too big to speak aloud. I gulped down the nervousness gained from it and took the discs from his hand, inserting four like you would four quarters. I pulled the lever to the side and began to play, carefully pressing the buttons on either side when needed. So far, I was doing well, but I was just playing safe.

Leo was next to me, out of the corner of my eye, I could see him staring directly at me, not the game. It was messing with me; I didn't know how. 

"What are you doing?" I asked, softly.

"Watching you play," he answered, calmly. "Do you want me to stop?"

"No, no, it's fine," I broke a sweat, he wasn't doing anything, I was in my head. 

"Is this your first time playing?" 

"No, I've played a little before, used to go to the arcade on Bleecker," I said. 

He didn't respond, was I doing something wrong, I thought I played fine. I started to be riskier, be more aggressive, it didn't help, one by one the balls slipped, and I saw his expression never change. Finally, the last ball, if it went through the hole I'd be done, and I only had a chunk of his score down. 

His imprint on me became more and more noticeable, his eyes burning into my soul with no regret. The tension rising between the little gap we had separating the two, the ball fell through, and I looked at him as he grinned.

"What?" he asked calmly.

"You did that on purpose," I accused.

"Did what?" he asked, concerned.

I shrugged it off, the competitive side of me being yanked on its leash and told to calm down. I wanted nothing more than to call him out, but I didn't know what he did to screw me up, it just wasn't myself driving it.

I cared what he thought of me, I cared for him.