Chapter 11

"(Y/N), can you hear me?" A voice questioned under the bright light. I mumbled, now feeling a cushion under me. I opened my eyes to see cracks scattered on the ceiling, the sound of dripping water, I was in the lair, Don's lab specifically.

"I can hear you," I answered. The right of my head throbbed. 

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine, my head hurts a little though," I answered again.

"What do you remember?" he asked more, writing my responses down at his desk. 

"Did you guys save me?"

"Yes, the Purple Dragons called April before breaking in thinking we wouldn't get there in time. We tried texting you, but you didn't respond, so we showed up," Donnie explained. 

A wave of guilt circulated through my chest. I regretted putting myself first then, ignoring them. If only I hadn't maybe my home wouldn't be gone. 

"Good news is that we salvaged everything we could, including some of your mothers' belongings and yours. You can stay in the lair with us, April's father already agreed to telling the authorities you'd be staying with them while your dad was out of the country, but we thought you'd prefer living down here."

"April's dad hasn't even met me though," I thought aloud.

"Yes, however we've done a lot for him and April in the past, he wanted to return the favor," Don clarified. 

"Oh alright," I paused. "Do you know where the others are?"

"Leo's meditating in the dojo, he wanted to be the first to see you, but I told him you should have some alone time first. The rest of them I don't know. April and Mikey have been working on your new room though."

"Can I go see him?" I asked. "Don't want to go against doctor's orders."

"Sure, just keep it easy alright?" Donnie said. "By the way, heres your phone," he held it out.

"Alright, thank you for patching me up, Donnie," I gratified, taking it. He nodded, giving me a thumbs up. 

Slowly, I started to get up, I didn't know how long I was out for, seems like I just slept through the night though. I noticed I was in a pair of sweats and a nice tank top while hurrying out of the lab. I wanted to see Leo, then the room. The severity of the situation hadn't caught up to me yet, I was just there.

Still, I checked my phone. The messages from everyone were haunting, I saw how panicked they were, message after message trying to get my attention. I went to my conversation with my dad, my eyes widened. The phone number had gone green, meaning it wasn't in service anymore. I tried messaging him, it wouldn't deliver. While looking I had absently mindedly strolled into the dojo, seeing the fearless leader in his usual position. He smiled wide, running over to me as I did the same. We hugged, of all things. I took my arms around his neck as he slid his around my waste, pulling me into his plastron. The stoic and serious leader had quite a soft side. 

"I'm so sorry (Y/N)," he apologized resting his head in my hair. 

"For what? You saved my life," I said.

"Your home is gone, I went this morning, it's ruined, the police put caution signs around the whole complex," he explained.

"It's...fine. I have you all still, right?" I asked rhetorically.

"Don't lie to me (Y/N) It's okay to hurt," he stiffened.

"My dad never came," I burst out into tears my mood swinging from left to right. "I-his number it doesn't work anymore I-" I rambled, choking as I continued. "He blocked me," I finally admitted.  I continued to cry, I felt him rub my back forming small circles. "What did I do wrong?" 

I felt awful, it all hit now. The thought of having nowhere to live, was the lair temporary, how long until they'd kick me out? The last place I ever spent time with my mother and father was burned to the ground, my father seemingly leaving me with it. Why?

Leo still didn't say a thing, maybe it was best. I shook in his grasp, continuing to cry into his backside. I heard something move in the background, and turned away from him, looking towards the sound.

"My humblest apologies (Y/N), you will always have a home and family here," Splinter spoke, coming out of his room.

"We all want to support you like you have for us," Leo added, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Would you like to see your room?"

"That sounds good," I nodded, wiping the tears off my face in a hurry, embarrassment washing over. 

He took my hand of all things, and led me in. The room was next to his, a bed in the middle, a dresser with my clothes inside, a mirror, closet, and an assortment of items from my room. My guitar sat to the side along with my record player and handful of comics. Posters decorated the walls, along with new Space Heroes ones I hadn't seen before. 

"I might've helped decorate just a bit," Leo joked. "Unfortunately, there's only one bathroom."

"It's fine, don't worry!" I reassured. "Thank you so much Leo."

"Also, don't go topside without one of us," Leo then said, his tone turning into a deep and stern authority. "I destroyed all the Purple Dragons from the event, still they're a large gang. If you want to go out just ask me. If you need anything, just request me."

I widened my eyes, swallowing, "Of course, thank you." 

He stepped forward, doing nothing but taking me in with his eyes. I stared back in curiosity, taking him in. I felt like I had never really done it before. His toned broad shoulders, strong and well-built arms, along with his large and supreme calves. He was a ten out of ten and yet I hadn't of noticed. The way he held me, his dominant personality holding me close. He was guarding me, keeping what he wanted to himself. Was I what he wanted? 

My breath hitched, I stood up straight and mentally scolded myself as he bent low and over to my ear. 

"I'll protect you at all costs," he whispered, a low tone etched his soft and light complexion. 

His body language attracted me like a magnet, as he left, I watched the way he strode out. The way his blue eyes glistened in the retro lighting put in place in the lair. How his body glowed when he trained, his perfect posture, how quick he was to help me, he was a gentleman, a protective and attractive one. I sat on my bed, face-palming at the way I was acting. 

The way it felt when our bodies were pressed to each other, as he sat under me while we watched shows together. His legs wrapped around mine like armor, he kept me close, he wanted me close. His pretty face, how happy he got at the littlest things like his family. 

His personality was sweet and intriguing. Such self-control that one could beg for but never accomplish. He was so good at reading the room, understanding and comprehending what another needed, what I needed

I was in love with a teenage, mutant, ninja-turtle. The leader of them all, surprisingly.