Chapter 16

"Leo! What if we fall!" I yelled. The wind streaming through my hair as I held on tightly to him. I looked down below as a blur of cars and that infamous thick traffic rumbled through the streets. 

"You know I'd never drop you," he laughed. "Trust me."

"I do! You just-" 

"I what?" he grinned. I hadn't seen him this happy in a while. 

"When I said, 'hey, let me treat you to some ice cream since you've been working so hard,' I didn't think we would get there by running on the rooftops!" 

"It's better up here," he said.

"Not when we could fall to our death!" I exclaimed. 

"Love, I am a ninja, you think I would ever let something happen?" he asked.

"Hey, you jumped when the toaster went off the other day and almost killed your brother in the process mister," I joked. 

"Toasters are a safety hazard, carrying my girlfriend like a natural is not," Leo laughed. 

I hated to admit it, but the way the two of us were so close together made me melt. Especially how his arms purposely were flexed to impress me, that was something. 

"Alright, you ready?" he asked, coming to a stop.

"Yep," I sighed, pressing a kiss to his cheek before he jumped down into an alley and let go of me. 

"Two chocolate cones, right?" I whispered, even though I couldn't see him. 

"Yup," he nodded. "Here's the money." 

"I told you I would pay! You paid for pizza last week," I said. 

"Take it, love," he persuaded, adding that nickname on the end. I almost considered it, before walking off and giggling to myself. 

I walked up to the stand, somehow, no one was in line. The place served the soft kind of Ice Cream that poured out of the machine, my favorite. 

"Hello, how can I help you?" the man working said. He looked to be my age. 

"Two chocolate cones please?" I asked. 

"Coming right up."

I watched as one of the other workers in the back multitasked, getting both done quickly.

"Four dollars and eighty-seven scents please. What's your name?" he questioned. 

"(Y/N), yours?" I answered, handing him a five-dollar bill through the window. 

"Find out when you come by next time," he joked, printing out the receipt and scribbling something on it.

He handed me the few scents alongside the receipt, along with the two cones. 

"Thank you!" I gratified, walking off. 

I walked back into the alley, and on cue, Leo lifted me right up onto the rooftop again. 

"Here," I offered. 

"Here," he said, with the same tone I did. Behind his back he pulled out a red rose. "A red rose means love, romance, and passion."

"How did you get this?" I gasped, taking it in my free hand and sitting on the ledge of the rooftop. 

"While you were getting the Ice Cream, I went to the other stand downtown and picked it, Donnie educated me on the meaning of each color beforehand." 

"It's beautiful, wow," I awed. 

"Just like you. Now, eat up before it melts angel." 

"You first, were here to celebrate you."