Chapter 9

Multiple days later, and I found myself stuck sleeping on the couch in the sewers. I hadn't caught the sickness yet, but if I hadn't had slept as well as I had been I might've caught something else. The turtles practically became babies. The smart one becoming the dumbest, to the point that he almost put the USB I gave him in the tea I also gave him. The tempered one becoming the sleepiest, only waking up for food and medication. The funniest one becoming the grumpiest, not liking taking pills as often. And finally, the leader, becoming the childish one of them all to the point where I fed him soup myself.

I hoped they would've improved by now, it had been quite some time since they had gotten sick, and it was the weekend. My dad was supposed to come home tonight.

Still, I swore I wouldn't tell anyone about Leo, but he said he wasn't worried, seeming to like the attention more than anything. I had done it for the past few nights, especially as of recent, since he could barely speak clearly with his throat so bad. Now I was rushing things into each of their rooms, checking on them like usual. 

"Raph, may I come in? I have stuff for you, sleepy head," I knocked on his door with my free hand. The other had a sand which for him in a little bag and a bottle of water, since we ran out of soup. 

"Mm, yea come in," he mumbled, sitting up in his bed. 

"You sound a little clearer today," I pointed out.

"I feel a bit better," he agreed, yawning right after.

"Please, eat," I ushered, seeing the dinner I made yesterday half-eaten. 

I took it off his nightstand and left with no other comments. He might've sounded better, but he was still pale. Then I brought the same to Mikey, who I could already hear groaning as I knocked on the door. 

"I promise I don't have any meds right now, just food," I said.

"Come in," he allowed, wrapping his arms around his waist and huffing. 

"Tonight, I'll order pizza if you do well today," I bribed, hoping it'd motivate the poor guy.

His eyes widened as I saw him smile at me while taking the food. Pizza was his favorite thing it seemed; I wasn't complaining. I waved to him, as he said, "Thank you," mouth full. 

Donnie looked to be working at his desk as I welcomed myself in like he said I could and placed the sandwich and water on it. I looked up at his screens, he had asked I made him coffee today, which I agreed to since he had started to regain his senses back early in the morning. He had the USB plugged in.

"I'm working on it right now, it did have a password, but like I said it's outdated and easy to unlock," the genius read off like a term paper, something being loaded on his screen. His face turned hot red as the bar fully loaded and another window popped up. I winced as I looked at it.

"Password, Bootyyyshaker9000..." I trailed off. "My mom used that?!" I exclaimed in shock. 

"Guess so," he sighed, as he pasted it in. This was it; my hands were swelled with nervousness at this point. I didn't know why I was so worried.

A file was loaded, including a document labeled "Foot Research," and multiple images. Donnie quickly opened the doc, as it seemed to be the most important.

Oroku Saki, the inherent leader of the Foot clan in rural Japan has started shady doings in the downtown area of New York, for what is unknown. He came right after a news report was released showing a different clan symbol on a shuriken, which started the rumor of ninjas in New York. Photos show his name and clan logo marked on multiple large shipping's that came from the docs, specifically coming overnight.