Chapter 6

Come see us train he said, and so, there I was. Making my way down to the sewers in workout clothes. Plus, a large order of drinks and donuts from the LOX Schmear and Java that just opened on Bleecker. It was quite a challenge to carry, but by the time I was on the train tracks I had made it work. The donuts underneath and the coffee on top, I called it a warmup.

By the time I shuffled through the turnstiles my arms almost gave out. Still, the excitement in the room was enough to keep me going. We had created a group chat since the last time we hung out. Leo, Raph, Don, Mikey, April, Casey and I, all, and I got each of their orders. They were all here to train today, whatever that really meant, so I offered breakfast.

"Donuts?!" Mikey practically screamed.

"What'd you think I was doing when I asked for your orders?" I laughed.

"Oh," he said, filling in the blanks for himself.

"Thanks (Y/N)," Raph smirked as I attempted carrying the donuts and coffee into the kitchen.

"Guys, help her!" April yelled from across the room, she was tying tape around her hand.

"My bad," Raph yelled back, taking the coffee from the top and walking it in, along with Mikey snatching the donuts for himself. Each drink had their name on it, but donuts were fair game.

"Wheres Donnie and Leo?" I asked, "and Casey...?"

"Casey's late like usual, Don's in the lab, and Leo's training early," Raph answered.

"Yea he's bween in thwere for like evwer," Mikey added, cramming two donuts at once.

"Hm, okay," I shrugged, taking my own drink and trudging over to the dojo.

I wanted to see what Leo was doing. Sure, they mentioned training plenty times before, but not what for. When I asked, all of them would make excuses, it was odd.

I peeked my head in and scanned the room for the turtle. He was in the middle of the room, doing tricks with what looked to be shuriken. At first, it seemed rhythmic, but it soon became a dance. He was flicking them behind his back, over the shoulder, and at last he sent multiple into the air, unsheathing both katanas and having them balance on them. It was impressive, to say the least, and my face was red as ever.

It was also extremely hot. The satisfaction on his face gave it away, it was easy, it was mere play for him. His skin covered in sweat, as he sheathed his katanas again and caught all the shuriken with ease. His backside was turned to me, which I assumed meant he hadn't seen me stalking. I thought I should come back with his drink as an excuse to watch him, so I went.

"You fell asleep on Face-Time last night," he laughed. 

"What're you talking about? Oh, me? I wasn't watching," I shrugged, trying to play it off.

"You're not a very good liar," Leo smirked.

"You didn't even turn your back to possibly see me," I thought allowed with an almost animated frown.

"I am a ninja, what do you expect?" he joked back. "Remember the sewers?"

"Well, I did accidentally jump scare Donnie that one time," I reasoned again, adding to my case.

"That's different," Leo argued back.

"How so?"

"I'm not Donnie," he said.