Chapter 14

I knocked on the entrance to Donnie's lab in attempt to be polite. Only a couple hours ago had I fallen asleep in Leonardo's arms which was embarrassing to say the least. More so, I was left wondering what the heck he had even done when he pressed his hand to my heart. Leo was too stubborn to tell me though. When I woke up in his room, he acted like nothing happened, I was left with no answers. 

"Come in! Hey (Y/N)," Don said.

"Hey Don, mind if I ask something?" I started

"Not at all, sit, please," he ushered. 

"You know how my dad's number doesn't work anymore, I just wanted to see if you could track him or something," I explained, running my hands through my hair. 

"Oh sure, you got his number?" he asked.

"Here," I offered, writing it down on the pad and pencil on his desk.

"Thanks, I'll look at it once I'm done working on this new serum for our next mission," Donnie waved a thumbs up as I stood up and started to walk out. 

"You're welcome," I trailed off, trying to put the thought away before it consumed me. 

The moment I stepped foot out the door a warm grasp went around my waist and pulled me in. I felt Leo's hard plastron pressed to my back as he looked down at me with a big grin. 

"Just finished up training?" I asked. 

"Yep, made sure to clean up a bit though," he said. "Are you alright?" 

"Yea, why?" 

"You're uneasy, just wanted to check in," Leo answered clearly, he lifted me up, and we sat down in the lounge. 

"Oh, I'm fine, how about you? Leader things running smoothly?" 

"Big task coming up, we're all a little unsettled," he explained. "I just don't want to mess anything up or have one of them get hurt," Leo continued, sinking down a bit. 

"Hey, it'll be alright, if you put in the effort the work pays off. Messing up just is a first attempt, it's okay to screw something up, you learn from it-and if one of you gets hurt, I'm sure we can patch all of you four up. You work very hard, don't try and worry about it too much," I rambled, trying to reassure him. "I'm proud of you," I cupped his face and made him look at me as I smiled.

I leaned in as he leaned in and we kissed in sync, his hands running through my hair as I began to play with the ends of his masks. He didn't go too far, neither did I, anyone could see us. We continued to kiss until I pulled away, out of breath.

"You'll never understand how precious you are to me," Leo said, looking into my eyes, I froze. He went to put a random strand behind my ear to then move his hand to my jaw and caressed my cheek. 

"I see you two have found a new appreciation for one another, congratulations," Master Splinter interjected from behind, making me jump out of my seat in shock while Leo just turned his head and smiled, expectantly. 

"Thank you," my breath hitched from the jump scare. 

"Of course, my son is very grateful to have you by his side," he said before waltzing off. 

I looked towards Leo again and sat down, before making more conversation. 

"Do you have patrol tonight?" I asked. 

"Yes, we're infiltrating the foot headquarters tonight," he replied sternly. 

 "Is their anyway I can help? I could help you guys sneak inside, whatever you need," I offered.