Chapter 21

We left after patrol and dinner. I hadn't gone with them, still recovering, but that worked out in the long run, having time to try and workout my muscles. 

The ride was easy, most of us sleeping the way there, along with Leo and I making small talk in the meantime. I tried to keep him busy, not leaving him to be isolated in driving. Our anniversary was tomorrow, and we both admitted we had surprises for each other. I had been working on something for him a little while now, hopefully he'd like it.

The farmhouse was distant from crowds of houses or people, meaning the turtles could run around outside. April explained how she grew up in it, and her dad still owned the property. It was nice and cozy, just what we needed. When she unlocked the door all of us rushed inside and 'oohed' in surprise. The staircase was right near the door on the right, which made us all wonder about rooms. 

"I'll share with Dee, Leo can share with (Y/N), and Mikey, Raph, and Casey will get the bunkbeds."

"Sweet! I call top," Casey exclaimed, rushing up the stairs.

"Dude top is so bad anyways," Raph said.

I slowly zoned out, thinking about the fact I was sleeping with Leo. It wasn't new, we had done it once in the beginning of our relationship. We kept our distance though, not knowing if it was time. Both of us were tired too, and when I woke up, he wasn't even there, so it felt like it didn't count. 

But now we were different. We wanted each other in secret, both of us at the brim of impatience. It was our anniversary, and I was going to make the most of it. 

"Everyone go get changed so we can swim before it gets to dark!" 

"You have a pool?" I asked. 

"Yep, right outside, and a hot tub," April smirked, dismissing herself up the stairs. 

"Nice right?" Leo commented. 

"Mhm, I've never gone swimming with you before," I said. 

"I can't wait," he said. "May I?" Leo asked looking at my luggage.

I knew he wouldn't let me say no, so I lifted it up to him. Leo ushered for me to go up the stairs first and directed me into a sweet little room across from the others. It had a small queen-sized bed in the middle, the sun beaming onto the comforter, a little tv sitting at the front. There was a bathroom connected to it too, a shower for us to use later. 

"You can change in the bathroom, I don't mind changing out here," I offered. 

"Whatever you prefer love," he said, taking out a pair of blue swim trunks from of his suitcase and closing the bathroom door.

I unzipped my own luggage and slipped out the blue bikini I recently bought, laughing to myself. The only reason I bought it was because it was the only blue one, they had, and I wanted to wear Leo's color. It was a little showier than I preferred, but it'd do. Reaching behind me, I went to clasp the top in the back since I forgot to do it before hand. Struggling, I heard Leo ask something behind the door. 

"May I come out?"

"Yea-" I whined unintentionally, struggling to get it to come together. It wasn't that it was tight, I just couldn't see behind me. 

I heard the door open, my back towards Leo. I didn't see his reaction, there was just silence for a moment. 

"Here," he ushered, gently taking it as I held the two flaps together that needed to connect. 

My hands came to my front, as I held the top steady so it wouldn't slip off my arms and come undone. Leo gently clipped it together like needed, before stepping back. I turned around, looking at him in confidence. We were both thinking the same thing, no words needed to explain that.