Chapter 8

The turtles were sick, and I was left with the aftermath. Two days later I got a call from Donnie, his raspy voice croaking through the phone, telling me to stay away from the lair. I asked if they had any medical supplies, and he said he did, just not enough. Casey, and April were sick as well, taking care of themselves in private. The only one who hadn't been affected was Master Splinter and me. 

I made my down to the lair; I had a little bag of goodies for them all that I had leftover. Medication, cough drops, heating pads, cooling pads, tissues, and some soup I had frozen in the freezer. By the time I walked in, it was fully thawed. 

"Hello? Is anybody here?" I asked, looking around the empty lair. 

I heard a rustling behind me, and before I could take an action, a blade was pressed to my throat. It was cold and shaking.

"Who are ya' and how'd you find us," Raph said in a low voice. His skin was paler.

"Woah, woah, Raph, it's just me, (Y/N), remember?" I dropped the bag of things and put my hands up. "It's okay."

He took a clearer look at me, sheathing his Sai into his belt and wide eying. 

"Oh, I am so-so sorry (Y/N), I had no clue it was you, Don said he told you not to come down here-I must be sicker than I thought," he rambled.

"And that's exactly why I'm here, to help you all."

"You can't be around us; you'll get sick," Raph reasoned as I invited myself into the kitchen. 

"My immune system is very strong thank you, and no, you need help. Donnie said you didn't have enough medication," I added to my point, taking everything out of the bag and getting out a pot.

"Sure, but don't ya' think this is more than medication?" 

"Yes, your point?" 

Raph thought about it for a minute. 

"Now, you go into your room and sit in bed, please," I ordered. He shrugged, surprisingly, and strolled away.

I always made chicken noodle soup, one of my favorite family recipes I would make in bulk, before freezing the rest for later. Seemed like they needed it more than me this time, so I served some into multiple bowls and went to Don's lab first. The light was on inside.

"May I come in?" I knocked on his door.

"Ah-yes! (Y/N)?!" he froze, he was asleep on his desk and practically jumped out of his seat when I called for him. "What're you doing here I thought I told you to stay away-"

"I brought some stuff," I hesitantly smiled, showing the soup in one hand and some pills in another. 

"You know it's high probability you will get sick after this," Don sighed, allowing me to put it on his desk. 

"So be it, you need the help. By the way, there's more outside, the regular dosing is about two for the best reaction," I explained, handing him the pills.

"Correct," he unscrewed the top of the water bottle next to him and took a swig of it, along with the medication. "Good you know your stuff-achoo!" he sneezed into his arm. 

"Comes in handy sometimes," I shrugged. "There's tissues, heating and cooling pads, and cough drops out there for ya' too."

"Thanks (Y/N), this is great."

"No problem, are the others in their rooms?" I asked.

"Yep."

I left, getting another bowl of soup and pills, before trotting into Raph's room, then Mikey's. I knocked on Mikey's door like I did the others, and his eyes lit up. He scurried out of bed, opening the door with a wide grin.