002

this chapter's song:
satellite harry styles

"Ready for day two?"

Jungwon stepped out of his house with a boy sitting at his front porch waiting for him. That boy being Jay.

"You didn't have to wait for me."

"Of course I did. You're my walking buddy." Jay said, catching up to Jungwon— now standing by his side.

Jungwon looked to his right, seeing the other already looking over at him. "Yeah."

"What happened to your hand?"

Jungwon shoved his hand in the pocket of his zip up. "Nothing."

Shit. He realized then, that he forgot to wrap his hand up with bandages.

"It doesn't look like it's nothing." Jay said with a worried look on his face.

"Jay, it's nothing. I accidentally hurt it, is all."

That wasn't true. He had gotten frustrated with his thoughts the night before and punched his mirror. Not okay— he knew.

"Okay." By the look Jay gave him, Jungwon knew he didn't believe him. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Is what he replied with, knowing it wasn't the truth.

"That's good, then."

"Yup."

The older scratched the back of his head. "How did you sleep?"

"Fine. You?"

"I couldn't sleep so I went out for a run this morning." Jay hesitated to say what he wanted to say next. "I, um. I saw you were painting something."

"You're watching me from my window now?" Jungwon joked, earning a soft chuckle from the older.

"I couldn't help but look. You live in the house in front of mine."

"Makes sense."

"What were you painting?"

"Nothing important."
He was painting his dad.

"Are you any good?"

"I do it just for fun."
His dad always loved his paintings.

Truth was, Jungwon had stopped painting for months now. The night before was the first time he held a paintbrush in so long.

Jay nodded and pursed his lips. "I would love to see some of your work."

"I threw most of it away."

"Why?"

Jungwon picked at his pointer finger. "Because I couldn't find peace in them anymore."

"That doesn't mean someone else can't."

He gulped. "I only really painted for myself."