020

this chapter's song:
still falling for you ellie goulding

"Yang Jungwon!"

Jungwon turned his head to the side to see Jinny walking over to him, a huge smile on her face. "Glad to see me?"

Jinny and Jungwon had been becoming close friends since the day Jungwon had officially met her at school. With her sulking about him not knowing about her existence for a week straight and Jungwon's multiple attempts of apologizing with her favorite strawberry milk, Jinny decided that Jungwon was going to be her new best friend.

Jinny was humorous, sweet, and inviting. Some of the qualities she shared with Jay. Despite her sharp features and dark, intimidating presence, she was the epitome of a puppy.

"Since when do you walk to school?" Jungwon asked, as Jinny clung her arm onto his.

"I couldn't let my new bestie walk to school alone, couldn't I?"

Jay had to go to school early that day for early morning football practice. Jungwon had reassured him possibly a dozen times saying that he would be fine walking to school alone.

"I think I would be able to walk to school alone, Jinny."

Jinny rolled her eyes jokingly, "Can't you just say that you're glad I'm here?"

"I'm so glad you're here." Jungwon said sarcastically, chuckling.

"Whatever," Jinny said, "Did you finish the math homework?"

"Of course I did but I'm guessing you didn't."

"I'm too pretty to be doing math problems," Jinny joked, fluttering her eyelashes at Jungwon, "Don't you think?"

Jungwon gave her a side-eye, "If that makes you sleep peacefully at night."

Jinny scoffed, nudging Jungwon's arm, "Hey."

"Hey?"

"Thanks for being there for Jay." She said, laying her on Jungwon's shoulder.

"I should be the one thanking him."

"No, really though— you make him so happy and he's so sure he wants to marry you." Jinny said, chuckling.

"Jinny, shut up."

"I'm serious!" Jinny said, "And that would make us siblings in law."

Jungwon furrowed his eyebrows, "I don't think I want to be stuck with you forever."

Jinny stuck her tongue out, "Too bad!"

Jungwon chuckled before saying, "He makes me really happy, too."

"So, are you guys like officially boyfriends?"

"We haven't really talked about labels yet—"

"So what? Are you guys friends with benefits?" Jinny asked, "Don't tell me you guys are—"

"Jinny!" Jungwon said, wide-eyed, "No!"

"Geez, I'm just asking."

Jungwon hesitated before saying, "We're lovers."

"That's cringey."

"You asked!"

"True," Jinny hesitated for a moment, "You're friends with Park Sunghoon too, right?"

"Yeah, what about him?"

Jinny pressed her lips together and raised her eyebrows, "Nothing."

Jungwon scoffed playfully before saying, "Does Jinny have a crush?"