if the sea's job is to make waves, mine is to think of you

A banner that has "Welcome home, Attorney!" written on it was the first thing Leni saw in her office. After she came back from her Turkey trip, she went into full Angat Buhay chairperson mode. Meetings with potential AB partners, checking the proposed projects, catching up with the volunteers— and meetings again.

By being a busy person, it also means that it's been weeks since the last time she saw her favorite senator. The last time they saw each other was when? Maybe during the latter's oathtaking at OVP or during Sen Drilon's party? It's been a long time to the point she forgot when was it.

Another thing that kept her busy these past few days is the ongoing preparation of the Pink Museum which a lot of people are excited about while waiting for their opening to the public— may it be a supporter or kahit troll na walang magawa sa buhay, excited rin.

"Okay na ba lahat, Raffy?" The Chairperson asked the Executive Director.

"Yes, Ma'am. May mga iddouble check nalang po then we're ready for private visit."

"Good. Sige salamat, i-check ko lang kung nasaan na si Sen Risa."

Leni invited the whole Tropang Angat to show them the Pink Museum before the public opening next week. But of course, mas mauuna yung favorite nya. 1pm pa darating yung Tropang Angat pero si Risa, 8am pa lang papunta na kasi sabi nya 10am nya ittour. Para paraan lang.

***

Leni
Hi Sen, saan na kayo? :)

Leni can't help but smile widely while typing the message.

Risa
Malapit na. :)

Leni
Saan na nga?

"Ano ba naman 'yan, ayaw pa sabihin para makapag prepare ako." she sighed, tapping her foot while waiting for her reply. She looked at her reflection in the mirror in front of her, and removed her light pink mask to retouch her lipstick.

Risa
Malapit na nga.

Leni
Specific place, Sen. Please.

Risa
Tingin sa likod.

Soon enough, a tall gorgeous woman wearing a red patterned dress with her signature eye smile appeared when she turned her back.

"Ang ganda ganda mo naman," Leni staring at the woman in front of her.

"Para sa'yo." the taller woman answered and winked at her.

"Oh, tara na. May papakita ako sa'yo." Leni held Risa's waist to lead the way the museum.

"Ang ganda mo namang tour guide."

"Limited edition. Ikaw lang may gantong tour guide, Sen." Leni whispered and winked at her.

***

The two are now walking towards the room full of pink memorabilia that she and their team received during the historical campaign.

A pink lightstick with "Leni" printed on the front and her name at the back called Risa's attention. She reminisced about the time when she also got an exact design of a lightstick.

"Hey, look oh. You included that pala?"

"Ah yes, memorable 'yan eh. Naalala ko nung inabot sakin 'yan, nagtaka pa ako bakit hindi nalang pinagsama yung pangalan natin dun sa heart, para tipid sana sa space." Leni looked at her, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Silly." Risa slapped the shorter woman's arm.

***

"Ris, dito tayo sa pinaka favorite kong part ng museum." Leni guided Risa to the room with the blue mural, it's her favorite because it's her favorite color and it makes her feel calm whenever she visits this room. There are displays that came from different provinces, like the painted plates from Antique and the huge surfboard from La Union.

Risa as she's never beating the human selfie stick allegations; is busy taking photos and videos of the room, for memories that she can keep, as she always says.

"Let's take a selfie!" Risa automatically extended her arm for a quick selfie. They both removed their masks and smiled as if there was no tomorrow. Both are genuinely smiling from ear to ear. Daig pa ang mga high school students na nakita ang crush nila at nakapagpa-picture.

"It's so beautiful, Lens." The younger woman said while appreciating the room full of artworks and items that all came from volunteers and supporters that hoped that finally, after a failed government there is a chance that honest and clean governance would finally happen in the country.

"Indeed. Beautiful." Leni replied, almost whispering while looking intently at Risa.

Risa smiled at what she heard.

Leni leaned in closer to Risa who is also looking at her. They are now facing each other; she reached her hand up to touch the younger woman's cheekbone and runs her hands through her hair. Leni smiled too. She looked up at her and traced her cheek with her finger and pulled her close.

Leni whispered softly, "Darling?"

Risa responded with complete love and adoration, she knew she would do anything for her. "Yes, Love?"

Leni leaned in closer, and whispered with all the yearning in her voice, "What if I kissed you right now?"

Risa didn't get a chance to see the wide grin on her face as she kissed her. Risa expected it to be full of passion and hungry as they missed each other after being away from each other for weeks. But it was soft and gentle. Leni drank in every moment with her, and Risa matched her pace.

She tasted like home to Leni, she felt like home.

Risa is her home.

Not too long after, Leni pulled back and looked at Risa whose eyes were slowly opening. The eye smile soon appeared from Risa's face followed by a dimpled smile from Leni.

"It took you 15 minutes before you did that ha. Akala ko nakalimutan mo na." Risa acting like she's complaining.

"May timer ka?" Leni chuckled.

"Oo, akala ko nakalimutan mo na ako simula nung may gumiling sa harap mo sa Turkey." Risa teased her and acting like her chest is hurting.

"Ha? Hindi ah. Hindi ko nga tiningnan 'yun. At saka, hinintay ko pa na magpunta tayo dito sa blue room, para solo natin. Privacy, darling. Privacy."

"Hmp. Hindi tiningnan." Risa mimicked her.

"Ang gustong sabihin, ikaw lang nasa isip ko. Kahit ilan pa silang nasa harap ko, ikaw lang naman mahal at hahanap hanapin ko. 'Yun nga lang ginawa ko dun eh, ang isipin ka." Leni traced the younger woman face.

It was one simple, soft, and gentle kiss but it left them both on cloud nine. It's been too long.

"I missed you, my favorite senator," Leni admits as she, once again, took in the soft features of the beauty in front of her.

The eye smile never left Risa's face as she wrapped her arms around Leni's waist. "I know, I missed you too, my love."

"Mas namiss kita," Leni jokingly competed to lighten up what seemed to be a slowly gloomy mood. It worked though as she was punished by a soft pinch on her side.

She's finally home.