all these little things (r's version)

If Leni has a journal that contains a list of things about her wife, Risa, the senator also has a note on her phone that she also updates from time to time and the note goes like this:

Little Things That I Love About My Leni

#1

She knows that she's not the most expressive person in the world, she always says during her interviews that she's not that emotional. It's really hard to make her express herself like a normal person but she always tries her best to make me feel that she loves me. One thing I like is whenever she rolls over in bed while asleep and starts mumbling that she loves me, I'm the best and all sweet mumblings like that and then Leni would start snoring again. Funny thing is, she never remembers doing it. That's why she kept telling the world that she's not that expressive.

#2

Whenever we're travelling, I always catch her taking videos of me instead of the view of the place with so much emotion in her eyes and it is always followed by her dimpled smile and a "Ang ganda mo, darling. Ikaw 'yung view."

#3

If I wake up in the middle of the night for whatever reason and try to roll over to get comfortable again, Leni wraps her arms around me and squeezes me and says, "No. Don't go." I'm not even sure if she's conscious or she's dreaming but being held so tightly like that makes me feel very happy.

#23

There are times when Leni would be away for days or even months because of her engagements outside the country, having said that, she always make sure na she updates me whatever is she doing. But for some unknown reason, it became her habit. Sometimes she calls me randomly and says, "Wala lang, I just want to hear your voice."

#24

When Leni holds my hand, she doesn't just hold my hand, she sort of strokes it with one of her fingers. She does the same thing if she puts an arm around me. I've never known anyone else to do it. This is her showing me love as best as she can, and I love her for it.

#58

Leni listens to me very intently and puts in the effort to contribute and remember. I have a lot of rants? She listens. I really want to talk about the movie that I watched years ago? She listens, asks questions, and is engaged. She says she likes how enthusiastic I get, and she'll actively engage in things she's not that interested in to see it.

#60

She cooks for me! She says she wanted to be that kind of wife again who cooks for her partner, that's why everytime she has time to do so, lagi syang nakikipag-unahan sakin magluto— pero minsan, inaasar nya ako na puro kasi hindi healthy niluluto ko kaya sya nalang daw. (Hindi ba healthy ang egg?!)

#79

She lets me play and poke with her deep dimples and always asks, "Crush mo ba 'ko?"

#88

Sometimes, she'll surprise me with a new snack that she discovers and we'll eat and rate it together. Minsan, there are times na she'll be playful enough to put the snack in her mouth and tells me to bite the other end and we'll end up making out instead of finishing the snack. She would say that I'm her favorite snack kaya it's okay lang daw not to finish eating. Gosh, Leni and her antics.

#117

I really love cuddles and she loves playing her favorite game wordscapes. Kapag naglalaro sya, gusto nya na focused sya and no interruptions talaga but when I'm in the mood for cuddles, she lets me sit on her lap and rest my face on the crook of her neck while she plays her game and caresses my back while teasing me with her go-to senator risa, natagpuang nagpapababy line.