confession is not flashy

drabble inspired from a scene in hospital playlist season 1.

happy hearts day! :)

****

"Lens.."

"Hmm?"

"What have you done for yourself lately?" Risa asked.

Leni moved her gaze from the soup that she was eating to Risa who's sitting across the table, "For me?"

"Yes, you." Risa replied, eyebrows moving.

"What about you?" Leni asked, still not answering her question. Her eyes looked straight at the senator.

Risa puts down her spoon on the table napkin and reaches out for her phone, fixes her eyeglasses on her nose bridge and opens her phone as she scrolls through her camera roll as she looks for the thing that she purchased for herself lately.

"I bought this one," says Risa as she pointed her phone at Leni.

Leni squinted her eyes to see clearly what the other woman was showing, "Ano 'yan?"

"Lalagyanan ng pencils."

"Bakit mo kailangan n'yan?" said Leni with a confused look on her face.

"Lagi ko kasi namimisplace 'yung pens ko sa office. So, I bought this para organized lalo." says Risa, smiling and looking proud of herself as if she bought an expensive thing.

"P'wede mo namang ilagay na lang sa drawers? Why did you buy that?"

Risa shrugged her shoulders, "I bought it for myself."

Leni didn't reply. Instead, she just stared at Risa with a deadpan look.

"I just treated myself with that. I was so happy when I bought that." Risa said, smiling cheekily.

Leni looked straight at Risa's eyes with a glimmer in her eyes, "Okay. Good job." said Leni, smiling and nodding as she shifted her gaze from the latter's eyes to her food.

Risa slightly leaned forward, she's now holding her spoon as she asked Leni, "What about you? What do you do for yourself? What's a treat for you?"

Leni puts down her spoon and slightly changes the way she sits as she fixes her eyeglasses that were perched on her nose.

"Having a meal with you like this," Leni says as she was staring at the table, avoiding Risa's eyes.

"Eating with you and drinking coffee together." Leni continued, still not looking at Risa. She slowly nodded, "That's a treat I give myself." says Leni as she finally stared directly at Risa.

Risa didn't answer right away. Instead, she breathed deeply and looked at the window to avoid Leni's gaze the moment the other woman answered her question as she felt her heart beating so fast as the latter was still staring at her, innocently but with a loving affection.

"Kain ka na." said Risa, pointing at the food on the table, urging Leni to eat more.

"The moon is beautiful tonight, nakita mo na ba?" Leni said, attempting to change the topic.

"Really?" said Risa, quickly looking at the window. She was so flustered that she didn't even notice the bright full moon unlike the usual when she would always notice how the moon looks so beautiful and would always take a photo of it for her to send it to Leni.

And even though she was looking out the window earlier.

"How can you not know? Nakatingin ka sa labas kanina."

"Should I open the window?"

"Sure. Ikaw bahala." says Leni as she goes back to eating the food on her plate while Risa stood up to open the window and stared at the moon.

Risa loves the moon and the two of them always had a habit of staring at the moon together.

Eventually, Leni also stood up from her seat and brought back the cover of the tupperwares of the food that she brought earlier. She also started cleaning up the table.

"Huy, Lens. Mamaya na 'yan. Iwan mo nalang d'yan. Ako na maglilinis mamaya."

"It's okay. Ako na." says Leni as she continued cleaning up the table, "Gusto mo ng coffee, 'diba?"

"Yes, I'll make it." Risa said smiling and went back to the table.

Since Leni became a mother and got widowed, her goals have changed. She has always put her family and other people above her like her life only revolves around her daughters and serving people— because the only time she ever does something for herself is when she spends time with Risa.