assuming

The two women are currently in Naga to attend the first traslacion after two years of not having it because of the pandemic.

After eating dinner, Leni asked Risa if she wants to go out for a walk in the park near Leni's transient house. The night sky was aglow with bright lights as they strolled, hands are intertwined together, and just enjoying each other's presence in silence.

"What is it Maria Leonor?"

"Ha?" Leni turned to look at Risa. "May sinabi ka ba?"

Risa narrowed her eyes playfully, giving her an accusatory look, "Kanina ka pa nakangiti dyan,"

"Am I? Why? May napasa na bang law na bawal ngumiti?" Leni replied.

"Wala pa, pero nakakaduda ka kapag ganyan ka. Ano 'yun? Sabihin mo na," Risa says, nudging her girlfriend's arm.

"Di kita gets," said Leni, blinking. "What's going on?"

"I can feel na may binabalak ka or something," Risa says, still staring at Leni with a curious look.

"Ha?"

"You're a bad liar, as always." Risa rolled her eyes and squeezed Leni's hand.

"Wait, hindi. Di ko talaga gets. Do you really think that I'm planning something? Para saan?"

"You have that look on your face," Risa argued.

"Senator, masaya lang talaga ako. At saka, don't I usually smile like this too when I'm with you?"

"Wow, mambobola pa para makalusot sa binabalak. Hindi mo ko maddistract, Attorney,"

Putting a finger to her lips, Leni looked around. "Shhh, ang ingay mo Ris, pagtitinginan ka dito. Bihira ang maingay dito sa Naga kapag gabi na," She nodded apologetically to an older couple who are sitting comfortably at a bench as they passed.

"Wait, so you really have a plan nga!"

"Hindi ka pa rin tapos dyan? Wala nga, promise."

Leni stumbled over a small stone on the ground and before she could balance herself in time, her left knee had already hit the ground with a painful blow.

"Aray!" Leni groaned.

Thankfully she was able to keep herself from falling face-first into the curb, balancing nervously with her other foot as support. Leni groaned, flinching at the sharp sting. For sure, magsusugat ito.

"Naku, muntik na ko 'don ah," She trailed off as she looked up to see a bizarre expression on Risa's face— somewhere between shock and amazement.

"Risa?"

"OH MY GOD."

"Teka, bakit?"

Out of the corner of her eye, Leni caught sight of some movement. The older couple had stopped eating their food and turned to look at the two women, both with huge smiles on their faces. One of them gave Leni a thumbs-up and even mouthing, "Go, Attorney Leni!"

Leni slowly looked back up at Risa to see her girlfriend still frozen. "Okay, wai—"

"Hey, you said you didn't plan anything?" Risa whispered.

"Wala naman tala—"

"Oh my god, Maria Leonor?!"

"Risa! Natapilok lang ako! Hindi mo manlang muna tatanungin kung okay ako?"

"Okay ka lang ba?" Risa paused, doing exactly what Leni just said.

But immediately yelled, "OH MY GOD, LENI?"

Leni gulped after a few more seconds of holding Risa's intense gaze. She hesitated, glanced over at the older couple, who were now filming them, and let out a deep sigh. "Okay, fine!"

Leni reached into the pocket of her black trousers and took out a small purple box.

Carefully, she adjusted her posture, so she was kneeling a little more comfortably— though the scratch was still tingling with a bit of pain— and opened the box.

"Risa," she said, shaking her head, "Promise, hindi ko pinlano 'to. Actually, this ruins everything I've planned. I was going to do this on our anniversary next week, I rented the whole Arco Diez Cafe for the proposal. It would be decorated purple flowers, lights while Ben & Ben singing Make It With You on the background and all that preparations, but I guess naexcite yung universe kaya ako natapilok at nag assume ka naman agad. Buti nalang nasa bulsa ko lang 'to lagi."

Risa, still shocked with what she's seeing, only covered her mouth with shaking hands.

"Naririnig mo ba ako?"

"Yes, of course!"

"Okay, wai—"

Risa immediately hugged Leni, and the latter nearly collapsed over at the force of her hug. The sudden extra weight on her knee shot a little sting through Leni's knee, but the happy, happy kiss from Risa numbed it sufficiently. When they finally pulled away, Leni couldn't stop smiling either.

"Hindi pa nga kita tinatanong."

"Yes, anyway!" Risa stared emotionally into Leni's eyes before pulling her in for another kiss. "I love you so much. Oh my god."

"Okay wait, so pwede ko na ba tanungin?"

"Yes!"

"Kumain ka na ba?" Leni laughed, placing her right hand to cover her smile.

"Yes!" Risa, practically ignored the joke and just shouts an enthusiastic 'Yes!' everytime her girlfriend— and soon to be wife talks.

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes!"

"Hindi ko talaga alam paano mo nafeel 'yun pero kasi gusto ko lang naman talaga maglakad lakad ngayon," Leni says as she carefully puts the ring on Risa's finger.

"Yes!"

"Hindi 'yun tanong!"

In the end, Leni was thankful to the older couple because they were able to film the unplanned proposal and just sent the video to her.

"Can we have an advanced honeymoon na later when we go back to the house, love?" Risa whispered, smiling and showing her eye smile— that made Leni fall inlove with her.

"Mahal please calm down, kakasuot mo pa lang ng engagement ring two minutes ago."