soda

Leni yawned as she stepped into the kitchen to see Risa standing in front of the open fridge.

"Nandito ka na pala darling."

"Yes mahal kong Attorney Leni! Good evening!" Risa naughtily replied with high pitched voice, obviously drunk.

"It's 2 in the morning, Ris." She grinned as she moved closer, leaning against the counter.

"Nag enjoy ka ba?"

"I did! Super fun! Happy!" Risa smiling from ear to ear.

"What are you doing now?"

Risa looked at Leni earnestly. "I am going to make fluffy pancakes."

"Right now talaga?" Leni mumbled.

"Yes, right now. Do you think that's a good idea? I am so hungry na kasi."

Leni hid a smile. "Hmm, maybe we can make pancakes tomorrow? I don't think we have any flour left."

"No flour?!"

"Sorry, darling. I used it yesterday for baking cookies, remember?"

"But.. I'm so hungry." Risa closed the fridge dramatically with tears in her eyes, like a puppy. "I'm going to die na!"

Leni hurried forward and pulled Risa into a hug. "No, no, you won't die, okay? You can eat something else. Hm, do you want noodles?"

"Pero wala tayong flour, love."

"Darling, hindi po natin kailangan ng flour for instant noodles," said Leni, patting Risa's face gently.

"Naka ilan ka ba ng nainom?"

"Konti lang."

"Who was in charge of the drinks?"

"Teddy!"

Leni groaned quietly. "Okay, how about ipagluluto na kita ng noodles while you take a shower to freshen up?"

"I want to make the noodles!"

"Are you sure?"

Risa nodded firmly. "Sobrang hirap kaya gawin ng noodles."

"Oh, yes," said Leni seriously. "Sobra nga."

It's obvious that Risa is drunk because she is acting like a five year old child right now, although it is not new to Leni.

There are times where Risa would be so kulit when she's drunk— one time, hindi nya pa nga nakilala si Leni sa sobrang kalasingan at pinipilit nya 'tong ihatid sa bahay nila para daw safe makauwi.

"I will be very super careful?" Risa mumbled

Leni watched as Risa stumbled over to the pots drawer and pulled out a tiny pan. "Ah—"

"Oops, not this one."

"Nope."

"This one," said Risa, holding up a mid-sized pot, "this one is the one!"

A few dozen times, Leni nearly leaped forward to save Risa from some terrible danger, but eventually, the noodles were boiling safely in the pot and all the knives were put away. She let out a relieved breath and smiled as Risa leaned heavily against her.

"Pagod na ang darling ko?"

"Antok na antok na po," whined Risa. "Can we go to bed now, love?"

"Paano 'yung noodles mo?"

"Ikaw nalang kumain."

"But you just said earlier na gutom ka?"

"Oo nga," said Risa, staring intently at Leni.

"Ris?"

"You're sooo pretty, pangga." Risa, pinching her girlfriend's cheeks.

Leni giggled, "You too, kahit ang kulit kulit mo kapag lasing."

"It's your smile, your face, your—?"

"Lips that I miss?"

"Yes! That's the word! Ang talino talaga ng baby attorney love ko!"

"I think you really need to sleep na after mo po kumain."

"I love you."

"I love you too, Ris."

Leni shook her head fondly as Risa slipped her hand clumsily into Leni's. "You are so special and beautiful and I love you, everyone should love you, you are sooo great. Leni. Alam mo ba?"

"Hindi pa. Ano 'yun?"

"You are wonderful," said Risa, frowning sternly. "I believe in you and you should believe in yourself forever! Don't think of what other people says! Epal lang sila! Mga trolls!"

"Okay, Ris—"

"I love you so much, oh my god, you are so wonderful."

Leni winced as Risa stepped on her toe in her haste to press a sloppy kiss onto Leni's cheek.

"I love you too, darling."

"The baby wants a kiss too!"

"Ha? Who's the baby?"

"Me! I'm the baby!"

"Hmm, maupo ka muna okay?" Leni waited until Risa sat unsteadily on a chair before leaning down to kiss Risa's forehead.

"There. How are you feeling?"

"Feelings are like socks, right? You can wear them."

"Wha-?"

"This is important, Leni. You have to focus, okay? Feelings are like socks, okay?"

"Yes, that's right," said Leni, nodding as she turned to take the noodles off the stove. "Tell me more about these socks."

"We're not talking about socks. We're talking about feelings."

"Ah, yes, sorry. The feelings." Leni transferred the noodles into a bowl, mixing the flavoring packets before setting it in front of Risa. "Here you go. Do you want a fork, or can you manage with chopsticks?"

"Mhm, I want a pork."

"You mean, fork?"

"Yes, pork." Risa sighed, still looking like a sleepy puppy.

Leni grinned as she handed Risa a fork. "Be careful," she said.

"I'm always careful!"

"Darling, madami kang nainom kanina 'no?"

"Hindi ako lasing ah," Risa mumbled, swirling her noodles around and accidentally flicking soup onto the table. "I am soda."

"Soda?"

"Not drunk."

"Ah, sober."

"Yes, soder. This noodles is good ha."

"Really? You like them? Masarap?" Leni pulled up a chair and sat down across from Risa.

"I love them. So much! Happy! It's, like, worth two hundred three billion pesos."

"Wow, ang dami nun ah."

Leni yawned, rested her chin on a hand, and smiled at Risa.

"I love this human so much." Leni whispered to herself while staring at Risa who is busy eating her noodles like a kid.