the wonder within you

Leni quietly opened the front door of their condo and walked inside, slowly dragging her suitcase behind her. She was exhausted, she just got home from her 30 hour flight from Boston– she almost wasn't able to go back to Manila as she later found out that she had just lost her passport and because of perseverance to see someone who's been waiting for her back home, she went back to New York just to look for her passport.

She will only be in Manila for a week to attend her scheduled talks and events for a week and would go back to New York again for another series of conferences abroad. She lost the election but gained the trust of the people all over the world enough to invite her to different speaking engagements to talk about democracy in the Philippines.

Leni let her eyes adjust to the darkness of the room as only a small lamp by the couch lit up the entire area before she navigated her way through.

And as she walked, she's already thinking of what she would do before she slept tonight.

Taking a quick shower was already off the list because she was too tired to do so; Leni felt like she would fall asleep inside the bathroom if she attempted to do so. So she decided that she would just have to change her clothes into comfortable pajamas and lay on her bed. She could hardly wait to succumb to sleep.

She made her way to her room, leaving her suitcase near the door. She searched through her drawers and quickly changed into a white loose shirt and plaid shorts. She immediately left her room and walked back towards the guest room. Leni unconsciously had a smile on her face as she slowly twisted the doorknob and made her way inside. Her smile grew as she stared at the lump underneath the blankets, lit by the pink and purple night light. She walked towards her destination for the night, moving towards the right side of the bed, where the lump was.

She fondly gazed at the woman with sleep-disheveled hair and whose left leg was peeking out from beneath the blankets. She tenderly glided her fingers across the strands covering the beautiful face. The sleeping woman shifted a little from her touch but didn't wake.

She couldn't help but fix her gaze on the senator's bare leg. It looked so soft and smooth, and Leni knew that it felt exactly as it seemed. A dozen memories of legs wrapped around her waist, tangled around her own, and tightening against her head flitted through her mind. She bit her lower lip in contemplation, should she—? Because it had been months and it had been driving her insane, the lack of physical and intimate contact with her. Sure, she has her kids with her but it's something only the senator could give.

Her stints abroad had prevented them from seeing each other face-to-face. It kills her to see her lover through screen plus the annoying time difference and poor internet connection that makes the other woman's face look blurry whenever they video call. The two have been together for years already but Leni could never get enough as there would always be something new to learn, to appreciate, to love about her lifetime companion and partner, and this did not just apply in bed.

And once Leni discovered such a thing, she would inevitably fall a little deeper, if it were possible.

As much as Leni craved to feel Risa's skin against her own, she realized that she might be too exhausted tonight and she didn't want to fall asleep in the middle of their love making, especially if she was helping Risa reach her climax. She thought that maybe she would have enough energy the next morning which was just a few hours away and both of them had a noon schedule; Risa has senate sessions and Leni has events to attend, so sleeping in wasn't much of an option.

She missed spending time with the woman. Her woman.

After staring at and appreciating Risa's beauty, she walked towards the other side of the bed and carefully laid down on it, trying not to move too much that would wake the senator. She gently lifted the covers to insert her body beneath them and the moment she did so, the flowery scent of Risa wrapped around her and comforted her. She thought that she'll suffer from severe jetlag but it was so easy to fall asleep now, but she resisted the urge to sleep to slowly shift towards Risa, whose back was facing her.