seventeen point twenty-five

a/n: excerpt

──────────────────

She hears the doorbell ring and quickly rushes to the door, greeting her favorite guest with a big smile on her face. "Hi," Risa says as she steps aside to let the woman through.

"Hi," Leni grins when Risa kisses her cheek. "Ang bango naman dito, nagluluto ka?"

"Kanina pero I'm done na. I cooked lunch for us," Risa goes to the kitchen, followed closely by Leni.

"Talaga? Galing naman pala ni Senator." Leni sees the dining table where two plates of beef broccoli, waiting for them. "Marunong ka pala magluto nito?" she comments.

"Pinag-aralan ko paano gawin. Plus there are recipes online na kaya," replies Risa as she returns to the table with two glasses of iced tea. "And tinuruan naman ako ng Mommy ko magluto dati kasi nakakahiya daw sa magiging asawa ko kung hindi ako matututo. So ayun, napakinabangan ko naman sa mga bata at kahit nung nagkaroon na ako ng boyfriends after my husband."

"Oo nga naman." At the mention of her ex boyfriends, Leni grows quiet and Risa notices.

There were times that she would feel a tug on her heart whenever someone would tell her that Risa already had boyfriends and suitors even though she knew that the current set-up that she has with the senator doesn't guarantee that she won't enter into a new relationship. Pero bakit ko naman nararamdaman 'to, this is just us being adults. Hindi naman magiging kami. Hindi pwede— Leni would always tell herself to shrug that feeling of jealousy.

The senator puts the glasses on the table then approaches Leni, pulling her into a hug with her arms around her waist. "Do you want to know a little secret?" she whispers in Leni's ears, grinning when the latter trembles a bit before placing her arms around her neck.

"Anong secret?" asks Leni, moving her head to look into Risa's eyes.

"Hindi pa ako naiinlove sa mga exes ko."

"What?"

"Hindi ko sila minahal in that way," says Risa, straight to the point. "I don't know. Pero parang in the end narrealize ko lagi na infatuated lang pala ako sakanila kaya wala ring nagtagal. Siguro parang longing for a companionship lang," explains Risa.

Leni observes Risa for a moment then asks, "Thank you for telling that to me. Pero 'diba mas okay if walang nakakaalam?"

"That's true but I.." Risa pauses and frowns. Tama naman. Why did I tell her that? Was it her sad and jealous face when I mentioned my ex boyfriends? But why should I care if she's jealous? We're only doing this to feed our curiosity and to explore.

"Ris?" Leni brushes Risa's hair and tucks it on her ear when the latter seems to be spacing out, "Okay ka lang?"

Risa snaps out of it and quickly puts a smile, "Yes. Sorry. Ah, I told you kasi I trust you." she says. She cups Leni's face with her hand and kisses her softly on the lips.

"Well, that explains your friendly interactions with them during the campaign," remarks Leni.

"Pero well, siguro naman pare-pareho lang kami ng naramdaman. Takot tumanda mag-isa," Risa says with a grin. "Anyway.. tara na let's eat na. I want to know your verdict."

After having their lunch, the two found themselves on the couch— Risa's hands under Leni's printed dress while the other woman straddles her, their lips locked in endless passionate kisses.

"Do you want to go.. upstairs?" asks Risa through her ragged breathing. Her hands squeezed Leni's butt, causing the woman to let out a suppressed moan.