metacarpus

Leni is busy packing her things for her trip while Risa is sitting on the edge of the bed, watching her pack. She can't bring herself to help Leni because she might just cry anytime soon thinking her girlfriend would be away from her.

"Long distance relationship sucks," Risa murmured.

Risa tends to open random conversations to avoid her feelings— because she's definitely going to miss her pocket sized attorney. If her supporters will miss her, how much more Risa as a girlfriend? Right?

"I know this is so random but don't you think hands are so cool? 'Diba?" said Risa looking at Leni.

Leni glanced at her, then gets back to focus on her almost full baggage.

"Ano?"

"Hands. Are. Cool." said Risa while staring at her hands with amusement.

"Ris, alam mong bawal ang drugs. Sabog ka ba?" Leni replied, without looking at the other woman.

"No! Grabe ka,"

"Sure ka?"

Risa stared at her hands again, "Naisip ko lang bigla na ang cool ng mga kamay, don't you agree?"

"Kailan mo naman narealize?" Leni gave her a quizzical look.

"While I was waiting for you kanina to go home,"

Leni sighed and continued packing her things. "Tapos sasabihin mong hindi ka sabog?"

"Lens, kahit ipa-drug test mo pa ako ngayon, hindi ako sabog please," said Risa.

"And narealize mo rin ba na since childhood, dapat talagang alam na natin anong gamit ng mga kamay?"

"I know, but," said Risa, still staring, "ibang level 'yung realization ko. I mean, isn't cool na we can move our fingers?"

"Okay..?"

"Hindi mo pa rin gets? It's like we can move our pinky finger or ring finger and it will curl or straighten out rin." Risa moves her fingers, "Like this!"

Leni folds her clothes silently, including one of Risa's shirt— and her reason is so she can bring her girlfriend's scent with her.

"Tapos pwede ka pa humawak ng mga bagay bagay! Trivia! If we don't have thumbs, we won't be able to hold things," Risa uttered.

"Yes po, Senator. That was meant to be learned while you were a kid,"

"Look!!" Risa grabbed Leni's eyeglasses from the bedside table and waved it around.

Risa continued, "Look the way na hindi sya nalalaglag because of the hand!"

"Lord, masyado nyang sineryoso 'yung tawag kong baby— I feel like I'm dating a child," Leni mumbled to herself.

"Seryoso nga kasi. Even animals can hold stuff, like dogs! Pero one thing lang kasi they have to use their mouths. Si Diego nga hindi makatakbo nang maayos everytime he tries to bring back a toy,"

"Ris, he's a small dog kasi,"

"Well, ako I can hold a bottle of water using my right hand and a cup of coffee on the other one, and a doughnut in my mouth,"

Leni stopped folding her clothes, "Wait, so that's how you do it kaya ang dami mong nabibigay na food sa akin sa office?"

"Amazing 'diba!"

"Ris, please don't tell me na lahat ng kinain kong doughnuts, nasa bibig mo muna bago ko kainin?!"

"Uh.."

"Ohmygod?" Leni looked at her, "Ano ba naman 'yun?"

"Sorry.. pero ang oa mo ha, parang hindi mo halos kainin 'yung dila ko mismo when you kiss me?" Risa argued.

Leni chuckled, "Magkaiba 'yun. At saka, just don't do it again. Atleast use a paper bag or something,"

"Okay copy. But anywayyy, hands 'diba! So cool!! Am I right?"

"Yes." Leni replied.

"I am?! See!!"

"Yes, you're right." Leni stood up, "Siguro hindi ko maaayos 'yung baggage ko if I didn't have hands."

"And wala kang baggage ngayon if wala tayong hands because hands are used to make them."

"Or even design them. If walang kamay 'yung mga tao, paano tayo magkakaron ng mga bagay 'diba?"

"That's true."

"Hands are cool and you're right Ris."

Risa looked at Leni happily. "Right?!"

"Yes. But do you know what my favorite thing about hands?"

"What?"

Leni walked towards Risa, she kneeled down and looked up at her then she held her hand, laced their fingers together and softly kissed the back of Risa's hand.

"This," Leni said.