sparks

The former vice president is leaving the day after tomorrow so a lot of catch ups before she leaves were scheduled today— that includes everything like from watching a theater play to a despedida lunch with colleagues from different organizations.

There were several courtesy calls from volunteer groups that she approved before she leaves. Suffice to say, Leni's schedule is hectic— but she always say that meeting her supporters for an hour or two is her way of thanking them for all the supports that she got during the campaign.

Volunteer groups would proceed with their meeting with Leni after their tour at the museum, they would go upstairs and have a talk to update the former vice president with their current advocacies that would help the non governmental organization.

Speaking of the museum, the last time Tropang Angat went to the Museum of Hope was when the team was still in progress of curating the museum. Walls with unfinished murals, boxes full of artworks and pink gifts from different parts of the country.

Her team wasn't able to book an appointment with the whole Tropang Angat this time for her despedida because all of them are busy with their on going projects — like Kiko with this Hapag Bigay initiative, Teddy with Angat Kalikasan, and Chel with Legal Assistance Forums.

But as usual, there's one exception just like before. She texted and asked Senator Risa, her favorite senator, if she's free for another private tour at the Museum of Hope.

Her phone beeped that showed a notification message from Risa, "Sorry VP Leni, I'll try ha. I have a scheduled meeting kasi this afternoon, last week pa ito nabook. But promise, I'll try and update you agad if ever."

"No worries, Sen Risa. I'll be here lang naman sa office ko today. You can just text me if matutuloy ka. Thanks." Leni can't help it but frown as she typed her reply, I just want to be with her before I leave for Harvard, she thought.

Little did Leni know, when Angat Buhay posted an update that they opened a slot for October, Risa immediately booked a ticket even though she knows she can just show up anytime and the staffs would be glad to assist her.

Why?

She wanted to surprise Leni. So, she planned to go to the museum and experience what normal people go through. Book a ticket (she even used a pseudo email thinking Leni reads the email addresses that registers), fill up a health declaration google form, and she even commuted all the way from her office.

She's wearing a plain white v neck shirt, dark blue high waisted jeans (trust her, she tried her best not to wear her favorite jeans during the campaign so Leni won't notice her), and a black cap to complete her I-am-not-Risa-Hontiveros-please-look-away look.

Risa proceeded to the entrance and showed her e-ticket and her vaccination card. Thankfully, the staff didn't recognized her name. Or so she thought?

After the verification of her ticket, she glanced at the iconic mirrored wall that visitors never forget to take a photo of. Then, she walked through the stairs where she and Leni had a picture while they were talking— the latter even posted that photo and two other videos of them on her personal Facebook account that made her overthink, "Bakit 'yung visit ko lang yung nakapost? Bumisita rin naman sila Kiko?"

After the stairs, she was welcomed by the famous blue painted walls and as if on cue, she remembered her cherished moment with Leni in that particular room. It was when she felt that Leni was looking at her intently while she's pre-occupied appreciating the walls and murmuring, "Ah, so beautiful. Masterpiece 'yung mga walls 'no?" after taking a selfie togetherthat only God knows when she'll upload it or she'll keep it to herself.

She heard Leni reply, "Yes, masterpiece like you." that she shrugged off. Baka guni-guni ko lang 'yung narinig ko.

Risa continued looking at the shelves full of pink memorabilias, photocards, and even small gifts from the campaign. She stopped in front of a framed artwork— it was an artwork and sort of photo collage. Most probably made by a student. It includes a picture of Risa holding a pride flag during an LGBT event, photo of a mural that has pink hand marks of Leni on the right, Risa on the left and Aika at the middle. On the right side of that photo, there's a drawing of Risa and Leni is on her side— right hand on the air holding a pink rose.

While Risa is enjoying her stay at the Museum to the point she forgot her agenda, she didn't notice that Leni was on the other side of the hall— taking photos with supporters.

Leni was busy accommodating the photo op requests when she noticed a tall woman on the other side. And by just looking at her back, she instantly knew that it was Risa.

Everytime Risa glance at the displays, she'll whisper to herself her famous line, "Happy!"

After the picture taking, Leni is just following behind Risa, not looking at the art not because she already memorized the arts that were displayed— but at Risa because nothing makes her heart flutter quite like seeing her happy.

"May scheduled meeting pala ha," Leni thought.

Risa who is still immersed on the artworks didn't notice that someone is following her. She took a lot of photos and videos of the museum that she didn't notice the time and her real agenda to surprise Leni on her office.

Leni finally walks towards Risa, gently intertwined her hands with the latter's hand.

"Hi," Leni whispered.

And that was the moment when Risa realized she really failed her surprise even though she tried to disguise but played it cool and squeezed Leni's hand.

"Hi," she flashed a sweet smile.

The two proceeded with their private tour and went upstairs on Leni's office after. Leni gave Risa a drink while waiting for her to fix her things before going to their real scheduled dinner date.

Risa just looks at Leni. She drinks her iced tea, listening to her kwentos while admiring Leni's cupid's bow and her dazzling eyes. She maps every part of the former vice president's face though she already spent hundreds of hours looking already. But she can't hide it this time, the fondness and affection she feels for Leni every second.

"Leni," she says softly. The other woman stopped talking, her focus all on the younger woman in front of her. Her eyes bore into her and Risa blush a little.

Leni is looking at her like she can't live without her— plus the fact that she's going to be away from her for months.

"I love you," she says. Risa has been thinking it for months now and saying it feels as easy as breathing.

"I love you too," Leni replied with a dimpled smile.

Risa didn't know what came next after they said those words, or how the hell any of the two of them were going to deal with it, but she believed Leni. And Leni believed in Risa.

And that was enough.

Before leaving the Museum, Risa posted a pink sticky note on the Para sa Bayan wall with a message, "I promise to take care and love our liwanag sa dilim as long as I can. Lagi't lagi."

Leni saw what she wrote and asked her, "Promise 'yan?"

"Promise."

Leni and Risa shared a look in that moment, expressing all their love in that one gaze. And in that gaze Risa knew, although they would have their problems and bumps down the road, she had found everything she was looking for. Right here. With her.