stains

The senator leaves lipstick stain everywhere and the lawyer doesn't mind it at all.

It's not unusual when the senator started leaving lip tint, lip balm, and then lipstick on the food that they shared together. Well, when they were in the middle of the campaign during twenty-sixteen, the two became close to the point where they shared their things with each other. From a simple comb to even white plain shirts because the lawyer needs to change into a new one as her yellow campaign shirt was drenched in sweat.

***

"Hey.." Risa softly says.

"Yes?" The lawyer stops browsing her laptop and places her hand on her chin, looking directly at the senator.

"Ano.. uhm.. y-you..." the senator stops, Leni stares at her.

"You really don't mind ba talaga when I leave lipstick stains on your food when we share?" Risa said, with a unsure and innocent voice. Leni stood up from her seat and reached the former's hand, placing her fingers home into the spaces between Risa's own.

It's been years since it happened the first time, and of course, she has her whole lifetime to get used to seeing her lipstick stains on her food.

"I don't mind at all," Leni assures, and she doesn't even have to look to know that Risa is smiling again when she starts playing with her fingers.

***

Leni and her team are in the car on the way to the office when one of them asks, "Ma'am.."

"Hmm?"

"Anong shade 'yang suot mo today, ang ganda?"

Leni looks down at herself, in her iconic blue blouse and black slacks, then back at Rona with a raised eyebrow, "Anong sinasabi mo? Edi blue?"

Rona laughs, tapping her lips with a grin. "'Yung lipstick, Ma'am. Hindi naman ako ang nag make-up sa'yo today kaya hindi ko alam. Pero ang ganda."

Leni's eyebrows met, "Rona, wala akong suot na lipstick ngayon.. sa office lang naman ang punta."

And then it's Rona's turn to raise her eyebrows, "Wala?"

Leni lifted her head and glanced at the rearview mirror to check, "Wal–"

Except that she is wearing one. Kind of.

Thanks to the great Risa Hontiveros and the bunch of lipsticks that Leni gave to her for her birthday last year.

Hay Risa.. Leni thought. She should've asked Rona or one of her daughters about lipsticks that are transfer proof.

Leni quickly wipes it off using her hand and then her other staff starts laughing from the back seat. Rona narrows her eyes and gives the lawyer a I know what you did before fetching us look, "Ma'am.. Ikaw ha.."

"Rona, tumigil ka."

Rona looks at her boss, then back at the rest of the other staff at the backseat.

"Guys.. si Ma'am oh.. Former Vice President Leni natagpuang ginamit na lipstick ang labi ni Sen Risa.." Rona says again, grinning this time.

"Shhhh," Leni says, placing her freehand on her lips and continued driving when the stop light turned green, "'Wag kayo magulo. Ibababa ko kayo dito sa gitna."

"I think ginagamit na mabuti ni Sen Risa 'yung regalo ni Ma'am 'no?" Aica said.

Leni groans as her staff bursts into loud laughter.