the entire history of you

"I'm sorry to tell you this but your wife is out of memory."

"Wait.. Ha?"

The doctor then pointed to the results of the tests, "It's hard to believe but the attorney used up all of the available space and that's the reason why her migraine is almost everyday."

Risa narrowed her eyes, "You mean.. She's like a memory card or a flash drive?"

"We all are, Senator. It just so happens that Atty. Leni is a flash drive with very limited capacity na ngayon." The doctor sighed, "Pero it doesn't erase the fact that she's an intelligent person, she just reached the full volume of her memory. You mentioned she has trouble remembering things, 'diba po?"

"Yes.. yes, that's right. It started months ago, Doc."

"I see.. The reason behind po Sen, is that Attorney has been trying so hard to add more into her brain to the point she overloaded it."

Risa sat back, "So.. gaano lang kalaki 'yung space ng memory nya? 1GB?" gesturing her fingers as if showing a flashdrive.

"'Yung conversion po is not that accurate, Sen pero Atty. Leni has approximately 40TB of memory. And an average human has around 200TB."

Risa bit her lip anxiously, "What should we do po? Can we add additional memory space? Or do some compression? What's the best for my wife?"

"Compression is the first course of action that I would usually recommend, Senator. Ang kaso lang, given the lab results of Atty. Leni," said the doctor, handing Risa the file, "even that will not alleviate the issue. She will most probably need to get a memory cleanse."

Risa confusingly blinked, "Memory cleanse?"

"It means deleting files po," said the doctor.

Risa stared, she looked down at the file in her hands, then back at the doctor. "Deleting.. As in like, permanently?"

"Yes," he said.

"Sorry not to question your profession naman po, Doc pero won't that cause permanent damage ba? Like, won't that hurt my wife?"

The doctor pulled out a business card from a drawer and handed it over to Risa. As she inspected it, he continued. "Okay lang po Sen. I would just like to explain that a memory cleanse is a complicated procedure po. It is entirely painless and perfectly safe, but it does take quite a bit of time and effort. So kayo pa rin po ang masusunod kung anong gusto niyo for Attorney."

"Another Doctor?" Risa read the card.

"Yes po, she is the best cleansing specialist dito sa atin. Please contact her and arrange an appointment as soon as possible. In the meantime, I will prescribe an extra dose of painkillers for Ma'am Leni."

"Thank you," said Risa. She turned the card over and put it in her bag.

Risa went back to the bedroom where Leni is, it was quiet and dimmed. She entered their room carefully, closing the door behind her. She walked towards the bed and tapped the lawyer under the white blanket.

"Love," she whispered.

Leni squinted her eyes, then smiled weakly. "Hi, darling."

"How are you feeling? Medyo ayos ka na?"

"Medyo better na, nandito ka na eh." replied Leni.

Risa brushed Leni's hair out of her face gently, "The doctor gave some painkillers for the meantime, gusto mo na ba inumin?"