🚬💔She's not my girlfriend.

Pairing: Karen x Fem Lector

Author's note: I feel like Karen would need something like this.

Word count: 738

~~~~~~~~~~

It was nice to reconnect with nature, to breathe clean air, away from the city and all the hustle and bustle of it. It had been a long time since you had been camping, back pain and the imminent danger of an animal approaching while you sleep, all part of the experience.

Your dog was enjoying this the most, running through the trees and the dirt beneath his paws. In the distance you hear your furry friend barking and you follow him hoping it's not another dead animal, but what you find is far from a dead animal.

In front of you lies an unconscious woman on the ground, your attempts to wake her up are in vain, nothing you do wakes her up and you question what you should do.

On the one hand you could leave her there and go, but on the other hand you could take her with you to your little camp and run the risk of her doing something to you.

You decide to take the risk and take her with you, when you arrive you gather your things to go to the hospital, because in a moment you realized that she had a head wound and was bleeding.

-She has a contusion and a head wound that will need stitches, I need to do analysis and x-rays to rule out if she has other affectations," you say arriving with the first nurse you find holding the woman in your arms.

The woman stays in place for a second before complying with your request, they take the woman away and you stand there helpless. The emergency room is in chaos, so many people coming in for different problems and you can't just stand there and watch.

You offered your services as a doctor at the hospital and they accepted you only because there was a lack of staff, luckily you had been able to leave Kaiser a friend who lived nearby. you missed this, the adrenaline of the ER felt so good.

_-_-_-

You walk into a room and find the mystery woman conscious, you finally take the time to admire her, high cheekbones, shaped nose, brown eyes and pink hair, shaved from a lake because of stitches.

-Those damn doctors shaved me,- says the woman angrily.

-I think you look beautiful,- you say, making her aware of your presence.

-Who the hell are you?

-I found you unconscious in the forest,- you say checking her clinical sheets.

-I appreciate it, but it wasn't necessary.

-You had a concussion and needed stitches,- leaving the chart in its place.

Before she can say anything, a nurse comes in to check on the woman.

-When can I leave?- asks the pink-haired woman while the nurse checks her intravenous line.

-Well...we will keep her under observation for a while and then she can leave,- writing something down on the sheets, -it's a good thing you have a girlfriend who is a doctor and brought her in on time.

-She's not my girlfriend.

-Not yet -you don't say flirtatiously

-I'm sorry, it's just that she brought her and refused to leave, I guessed as much,- apologizes the nurse before continuing with his rounds.

-Why did you stay?- he asks, looking at you as if you were something more interesting.

-I don't know your name,- you say ignoring his question.

-Karen, now answer.

You had no idea why you stayed but there was something that told you to do it.

-What were you doing in the forest?- you ask wanting to know why she was in the area.

-I wanted to commit suicide, I went to the forest to do it, but I fell and lost consciousness,- he answers simply.

-Maybe it was good,- you answer knowing how it is to be in his place.

-What's so good about that?- he asks angrily.

-Even if things don't seem to be getting better, you can always start from scratch in another place.

-Your great advice is to run away and start from scratch...wow you are a genius,- she says sarcastically rolling her eyes.

-Hey, I'm not going to lie to you saying that things can get better and that you should keep fighting because it's not like that,- you say laughing from your own experience.

-I have to go, but if someday you need someone to help you to disappear and start from zero... this is my number-, writing and handing her the piece of paper.

Karen is still analyzing the paper and you hear her calling you before you leave the room.

-Yes?

-What is your name?

-Y/n- with that you leave the room.