💙I am Catrina

Pairing: Alma Lefay Peregrine x Fem Lector

Author's Note: I wanted my first Peregrine work to be different, but not than doing something with Day of the Dead and the MPHFPC universe.

Now, I decided not to go into too much detail about the altar and all that needs to be done for the day of the dead as it's a very lengthy topic. When T/n is with Peregrine he adopted a human form.

Number of words: 984

~~~~~~~~~~

You get off your steed leaving behind marigold petals with every step you take, you were here for him, to guide him to the beyond.

-It's time,- you say, placing your hand on his shoulder.

-Who are you?- asks the young man, frightened by your presence.

-I am Catrina, I am here to guide you to the beyond.

-But, I can't leave my sister behind.

-I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do,- giving him a smile.

-Please, I can't leave her alone,- she pleads looking at you with her eyes full of tears.

-I will take care of her, I promise,- extending your hand.

He hesitates for a moment, turning to see the house on fire before the closing of the loop, he takes your hand, making the marigold leaves form an arch of flowers.

You help him across the arch to the afterlife, for years Victor had been tied to his loop, but the closing of the loop frees him from the place.

- - - - -

You had kept your promise to care for his sister, in time you learned her name "Bronwyn", you comforted her during the nights while her brother counted the days to see her again.

-But I have to ask Miss Peregrine,- said the girl a little discouraged.

-I'll take care of her,- returning the smile to her face, -but you have to make sure all the things she likes are there.

With them the girl runs off in search of the materials.

-It's a pleasure, Miss Peregrine,- turning to look at the bird in the tree.

It flies out of the tree into its human form

-Who are you?- asks the headmistress looking at you from head to toe.

-Y/n,- you introduce yourself with a small bow.

-And what are you doing here, Miss Y/n?

-All in due course Miss Peregrine.

You start walking towards the house leaving a petal junk, the ymbryne is taken aback at this and follows you into the house, finding her children gathered in the living room with you in the middle.

-What's going on here?

-We're getting ready for tonight,- you answer as if it were obvious.

-Miss Peregrine, she said she would bring Victor back,- Claire says enthusiastically.

-For one night,- you emphasize, arranging things.

The ymbryne approaches to see some kind of offering in her living room.

-Altars are made to give an offering to our loved ones, in it we put a cross, candles, flowers, incense and a picture of our loved one, as well as their favorite food,- you explain turning your back to the woman.

-I have the picture,- Bronwyn arrives handing you the picture.

-Thank you,- placing it on the highest level.

-I can take care of the flowers,- offers Fiona.

-Here you go, honey,- handing her the seeds.

-I have some candles,- says Emma taking Jake by the arm to go get them.

-I think I have a cross,- comments Enoch.

-I'd really appreciate it,- watching Olive leave with him.

Each child gets a task while you take care of putting everything in place, Peregrine can only watch how her children work together to form the altar, Alma offers you her help to finish faster, honestly she is not sure if this will work but it doesn't cost her anything to try.

-It's ready,- says Bronwyn admiring her brother's altar.

-There is still something missing,- you say, making a path of marigold petals and candles appear at the entrance, -this will help illuminate his path

-What now?- asks Hugh.

-We just have to wait until midnight, but you should get ready for dinner time.

It didn't take long for all the children to leave to get ready, Alma was planning to ask if you would join them for dinner, but when she turned around she was gone. Dinner went on as normal, at the time of the movie, at the beginning it was normal, but then the image changed to that of a woman wearing a beautiful red dress, with marigold flowers and a big hat with candles.

The children didn't want to go to sleep but after having promised to wake them up when it was time Peregrine managed to make them sleep for a while, the ymbryne was in the living room contemplating the altar, she had always felt guilty for Victor's death, for not having protected him.

-None of this is your fault,- you say behind her, scaring the woman.

-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, but I couldn't help but see how you feel,- taking a seat next to her.

-It's my job to protect the children and I couldn't do it,- she says angrily.

-But you can't, even if you have the possibility to turn back time you will never be able to save him-, in a serious tone, -the best thing you can do is to take care of his sister

-I'd better go wake him up,- he says trying to get out of the situation.

You stand there in front of the altar and start praying for Victor's soul, with each mystery you said you felt his presence stronger, the boy was impatient to see his sister. When souls travel from the beyond to visit us we cannot see them but you would have to help him so that she could see him.
When all the children came downstairs and you were finishing the last mystery, Victor appeared in front of them, making everyone's eyes fill with tears, Bronwyn tried to hug her brother but ended up piercing him.

-You can't touch him honey, his soul is here but not his body,- you notice the pain in the girl's eyes and you decide to take a chance with the following, -but maybe I can do something.

A swirl of flower petals forms around you, scaring everything but Victor, when it dissipates a woman appears with a long red dress with flowers and a big hat with candles. Everyone is amazed at the sight of the woman, who even with her skull-like appearance is still beautiful.

-Enjoy your family,- you tell the boy, touching his shoulder, before disappearing and leaving behind marigold petals.