-5- [Future Unseen]

(Akira): "So before, you mentioned that it's impossible for us in the present to contact ourselves in the future. But it's entirely possible the future me could make contact with the present me? But even still, I can't make contact with another future that's in the same place as me?"

(Chris): "That's a short answer, yes. Time isn't a straight line. Forget everything you think you know about time travel or parallel worlds, especially from movies. The Grandfather Paradox isn't a thing either. If you did go back in time and kill your grandfather, you'll still exist, all you've done is just make a separate timeline from your own."

(Chris): "For an example, let's use my year, actually let's just make one up instead. Let's say... the accidental death of an important person causes another war between countries. If you go back in time and stop that from happening, you only created a new timeline where it didn't happen, Completely separate from your own. This means it still happens in your timeline. Nothing has changed.

(Akira): "What year are you from anyway?"

(Chris): "2023. The years before it, 2020 to now, aren't exactly the best years."

(Akira): "To now? So you traveled from 2023 to 2018?"

Akira sent the message and waited for a response, but Chris Decker no longer sent anything back. After moments turned to minutes, Akira dropped the conversation, confident Chris would respond again sometime later.

"Still though, he traveled from the future to here? Willingly or not? His posts don't show any indication of that. In fact, nowhere does any of it say that he came from the future. All he ever said was he was from a parallel world."

"What was that about other timelines? Some are in the future but are also happening at the same time as the present?"

"Did you say something, Akira?" Mami asked as she came in from another room, "No, he's just talking to himself like no one is here." Saki sighed. The two watched Akira walk to a window in silence before opening it, "Would you mind telling us who it is you're messaging over there?"

"In time, Saki. Right now I need to confirm a few things myself first."

"So... no?"

Mami walked back into the other room. Shay, who had been silent until now turned around to face the three, "So since Mami obviously won't ask, I'll do it, why did you buy all that junk?" Shay pointed to the box Akira and Saki brought with them, "Good luck, he won't say. I'm hoping there's a reason, but I'm beginning to doubt it."

"I bought all that junk for the spare parts." Akira finally said, "I didn't want to deal with the hassle of searching, so I bought the entire box."

"You mean to tell me I helped carry a box half the weight of a fat person, and you're not even going to use all the parts?!" Saki asked, now standing up, "Yes. But if it's any consolation, you can have whatever I don't need."

"I feel so much better now." Saki said sarcastically.

Letting out a sigh, Saki let it go before her eyes moved to the nearby hallway. Looking in, she saw it wasn't a very long hall, only about five feet before seeing the three doors. One door was a crack open and in it, she saw the bedroom. There, Mami set her clothes on the bed before folding them. Across from that door was another that led into the bathroom.

It was simple and about the right size for a person living alone. Maybe good for two.

"You're welcome to use it if you like." Mami said as she came out with her bag now full of neatly folded clothes, "The shower too, I'm sure Akira wouldn't mind."