-17- [Theoretical Missing Link]

The next day had come sooner than expected and Akira was slowly starting to feel like he regretted accepting Miké's offer. Needing more room, Reiji and Shay took Akira's PC to the junk shop. Saki meanwhile, sat at the now empty desk, looking at Akira who sat on the sofa staring into space.

After several more minutes of silence, Saki broke it when she cleared her throat, "What's wrong with you, Akira? You look like you're here physically, but mentally absent. Did something happen?"

"I guess you could say that." Akira started, "I'm now coming to the realization of what I've done yesterday and now it's today."

"What? Time travel?"

"No, it's Miké."

"Miké? What did she do?"

Akira shook his head at Saki, "Miké didn't do anything. She just saw I was bothered and decided to make me feel better today by spending the whole day with me. Now I wait for her to arrive because I didn't think it all the way through."

"T-that's it? That is what's got you acting sad right now?"

"I don't think I'd say I was sad, more like... conflicted-"

"Akira!"

Akira and Saki stopped their conversation as they heard Mami's voice. Coming into the apartment, she looked around the room until her eyes landed on Akira. The initial tone of her voice made the two believe she was upset, even more so when they saw the stern look on her face. But once seeing Akira, it quickly softened, "I heard from Miké that you planned to spend today together, is that true?"

"Technically it is, but I didn't plan-"

"I'm so happy for you. You finally decided to get back out there into the world."

"It's just to help because-"

"Can I tag along too? Miké probably wouldn't mind. It's just two friends hanging out so it would be-"

"Mami!"

Saki smiled watching the two go back and forth. She then started laughing at this, even more when Akira turned to her for help. Saki only responded to this with laughs.

"It sounds more like a date to me though." Mami said, "And where the hell is that coming from, Mami? Saki! Help me out here, please."

Akira and Mami looked to Saki who now just stared silently at Akira before turning herself around until her back faced them, "Come on, seriously?!" Saki shook her head, "Sorry Akira, my attention is only focused on what's in front of me right now."

Getting up from the sofa, Akira grabbed Saki's arm and started pulling her away until the two were out of the apartment. He didn't stop pulling her despite the fact Saki now walked along with him, not letting go of her until they were on the next floor above the apartment. However, it was vacant, giving the two enough of a private area to talk.

"I didn't think someone like you would have such conflicted feelings about this." Saki said, "Isn't that all it is though? You're just spending the day together. Same as you would anyone else, so why act so different about it?"

"I guess because it's like I'm goofing off while not giving a care about what we're trying to stop here."

"On any other day, I'd probably be fine with Miké. But even still, how can I just ignore what's going to happen?"

Saki said nothing for a few moments. It was as though she was thinking of the next thing to say, not just whatever came into her head, of course, "Alright well... as it is, we can't really do anything anyway, Akira. Remember, we're still waiting on Reiji and Shay to finish rebuilding your PC so all we can do is wait. Why not just go with her? Might be the last time you can waste time like this."