-19- [Last Gate, 00]

"Shay, grab an umbrella or something."

"Where are you going?"

"There's something I want to check. I'm taking Shay with me. You and Mami stay here, just don't come with us."

"Hey, Akira! Wait!" Saki ran after Akira and Shay, but stopped once she reached the door, watching as the two ran down the stairs. More than anything, Saki wanted to chase after them, but instead closed the door and walked back to the main room, "The nerve of that guy, where does he get off going out on his own-"

Saki stopped as she noticed Mami just staring back into the hallway.

"That's just like him, don't you think, Saki? Always running off without telling anyone anything."

"Mami, are you alright?"

Mami nodded as she sat quietly on the sofa, "I'm fine, Saki. Nothing is wrong." Mami said with a smile, but Saki knew she was lying. Despite the smile, she knew it was just a cover for Mami.

"Actually, I feel a little sad, that's all." Mami started again as Saki sat beside her, "I don't know why, but I can't shake the feeling like Akira and I haven't spoken to each other in a really long time. I can't really explain how it feels though, like he's always constantly running around so worried about the future, he doesn't stop to think about the present."

Saki wasn't sure of how she was supposed to respond to Mami, but she knew all the constant work she and Akira were doing was starting to take a toll on Mami as well.

"I remember the first time I came over to this place. It was raining that day too. It's funny when I think about it. We've known each other since high school, but it wasn't until college that I decided to visit. He wasn't there, so I waited outside. I believe I waited for an hour before he finally arrived. Seeing me and my soaking wet clothes, he quickly dragged me inside and ordered I take a bath so I wouldn't catch a cold."

"Since then, I made it a point to visit as much as I could. We hardly talked much though, but it was alright. The silence wasn't tense or anything, in fact, we would welcome it. Course I could tell he didn't want me to become bored, so he would start talking, trying his best to keep me entertained. I didn't mind the silence, but I also didn't mind the conversation. I actually liked it more."

"Hearing that phone call, Akira said it wasn't him but another. Guess it's my fault for thinking it was really him. I was so happy to hear from him, even if it wasn't our Akira."

"Tell you what, when he gets back, I'll make sure he spends all day tomorrow with you. That's not just any promise Mami, but a friend's promise."

"Really? You'd do that?" Mami asked, joy beginning to fill her voice. Feeling her phone vibrate, Saki took it out, "Well speak of the devil. Akira sent me a message, let's see."

(Akira): "Saki, I have a way to try and fix some of the problems, I'll stop myself from changing the past with Liora. I believe this may mend the timelines a little and bring Liora back to us. It should be a big enough change to do something."

Saki's eyes were wide as she read this, a completely straight and emotionless look on her face, "What about Mami?" Saki thought to herself. It was all she could think before she felt the world around her change as the blinding lights returned, changing the timelines once more.

<> <> <> <> <>

As the morning came, Akira woke up as well. Throwing on fresh clothes and coming out into the main room of the apartment, Akira looked around, looking at the computer and desk at one end, to the kitchen and hallway at the other. His eyes then drifted toward the empty spot the box of parts once was. Then he pulled out his phone, "Today, the day Liora requested a message to help her friend." Akira said to himself.