-14- [Theories Without Numbers]

Immediately after coming back into the past, and getting the messages from Saki, Akira made his way back to the apartment. Meanwhile, Saki, who returned to her past self as well, got the apartment ready, even calling Shay back to the apartment.

Arriving at the apartment, Akira gave the food to Mami who started cooking it the moment she got it. Akira and Saki were silent until Shay arrived, "Alright Saki, I'm here. What's the big emergency?"

"Emergency? Saki?" Akira asked.

"Hey, you wanted him here as fast as today, no questions asked."

Akira sighed, "Fine. I guess I didn't specify how to get him here. Anyway Shay, I'm going to tell you something that you might find crazy. You'll probably laugh in my face and think it's a joke, but it isn't." Shay shrugged, "Well, we're already sending messages to the past to change our present, what's more crazy than that?"

Akira and Saki shared a look between themselves, "We're from the future." Saki finally said, "I guess it's the direct approach." Akira sighed.

"The future?" Shay asked, unconvinced.

"Y-yeah. Actually we're from tomorrow." Saki continued, "As it turns out, Akira's got an update around this time too. We'd talked... or will talk about it tomorrow. It sends the human consciousness back in time with a maximum of forty-eight hours. Now we need to try and prevent a horrible outcome that's likely inevitable for all of us."

"Most of us will die tomorrow, by Shiva." Akira said, "We were only able to get back here because Reiji helped me. He was also a part of Shiva, but left. They've caught wind of our time travel and will come to take it tomorrow night during a party Mami is planning."

The trio looked back to Mami who continued cooking before looking back at each other, "Is it something you can get on board with, Shay?" Akira asked.

"Sure. Why not?"

"That was... easier than I thought." Saki laughed.

"Well, we're already changing the past, is time travel really that far out? But if us dying here is an issue, then why not just move us all to a different location?"

"That won't work, Shay." Saki answered, "As much as we'd like to, this timeline and all other parallel timelines are now heading to the same direction and are so woven close to each other, that another problem will come up."

"Food is ready!" Mami said as she set several plates down, in front of the three and herself.

"So death or something else is always going to pose a problem, so what then?" Shay asked.

"I... I don't know." Akira started, "We could just say this is where our lives are fated to end, but it could also be due to the timelines merging into each other at certain points. Like the future is trying to correct something that's contradicting it in another of these timelines. Avoid Shiva, we'll only end up dying to something else, be it a mugger, accident, natural disaster."

"Alright, well it's the Labrys that got us started with this, why not just trash the phone and get a new one?" Mami suggested.

"Are you insane, Mami? We can't toss it now. Right now, Labrys is the only thing we can use that'll get us back to normal. It's our... it's our key... Labrys is our key." Akira remembered the messages sent to him moments before Shiva attacked them. A message giving Akira the same warning. Labrys is the key.

"So what's happening to the timelines now?" Mami asked, "They're merging, Mami." Saki started, "As it should be, the timelines need to be separate. That's how you get the multiple paths, because each is going in their own directions away from each other. But now, likely because of our tampering, they're coming together into a single interlocking timeline, composed of the separate timelines. Some merge into others, which results in those timelines ending and being overwritten. Now they're all going into a single place. We need to separate them again."