Oscar

“I’m gonna be sick,” i whispered to Imogen who was beside me.

“Calm down Dear, you will win. Everything will be fine,” Imogen said with a smile and squeezed my hand.

“I don’t want to!”  i complained. “I mean, why did he agree to present this award?” i said in regards to Ed, who was on stage getting ready to announce the Oscar to the Best Actress for a Drama category, where i was nominated.

(i know he is not an actor but let´s prettend that he can announce an oscar alright?)

“Maybe because he wanted to give you the Oscar when you win?”  my mother in law told me.

“Ugh!”  i rolled her eyes, but squeezed Imogen´s hand harder when she heard him start to speak.

“And the Oscar goes to…” Ed paused so he could open the envelope. He felt himself smile with pride when he announced.

“The Oscar goes to my beautiful wife, Raquel sheeran!”(you can always pretend it´s your name)Ed looked towards me in the audience, where his mother and his dad hugged me and helped me up the stairs and onto the stage. They smiled at each other as i made my way towards Ed to take the award.

Ed leaned down to kiss her cheek, making me blush, and whispered, “I’m proud of you,” into my ear.

“Dear God!”  i exclaimed into the mic. “I can’t believe this is happening. I mean… Ugh..thank you! Thank you so much to every one of you. Thanks to the producer, to all the cast and crew members of the movie. We made this happen!” i took a deep breath and looked towards Ed who was a few feet away from me. “Thank you for you for standing right here with me on this stage and beside me always.” i took a breath and continued, “And for believing in me and for supporting me.” i tried to keep my emotions under control as Ed moved towards me slowly, trying to control his emotions as well. i laughed through her tears that fell down her cheeks without even noticing.  Step by step he moved closer to me as i watched him.

“What are you doing?” i asked him.

Looking towards the audience, Ed said, “She’ll probably hate me for this tomorrow, but…”  He turned to me and took me by surprise when he kissed me.  

I gasped into his mouth, but my hands went around his neck and i kissed him back while the crowd clapped and cheered for us.  

Breaking away from the kiss, he whispered, “I love you,” and i answered back with a nod and a smile.

we both turned towards the crowd and Ed said, “Now, if you will excuse me, I’m just gonna take her backstage.”