1

Before you begin reading, I'd want to point out that this was my first attempt at writing an angst story, and I had no idea how to go about it. So, I hope my first one-shot does not disappoint you. ☺️

Love.

This is one of the most widespread emotions in contemporary society. When we are born, our first affection is the nourishment that our mother gives us. Then we start to love our parents and the people in our lives. We have individuals who help us get back up when we fall, who hug us when we weep over the dumbest things in the world, and then there's someone else who we grow to love. It is the one who both supports and loves us. This is the type of love that we all deserve, but not everyone is as fortunate as Ekim. But was she really? Was she truly fortunate to be in love? since she had a feeling it wasn't the case.

She fell for the wrong person. Love was the one who toyed with her. She had fallen in love with someone she believed she loved unconditionally, but he stabbed her in the back leaving nothing but emptiness in her heart.

Two days ago

"To whom are you texting?" Leyla questioned when she leapt onto her bed.

"Nobody." Ekim responded promptly, despite the fact that it seemed exceedingly inconvenient.

"Is that a boy?" Leyla persisted in her search for the truth. Even though she knew she would remain silent, she was curious as to what Ekim was hiding. Ekim understood her. If she were in her position, she would do the same thing.

"Don't be stupid. Why would I speak to a boy?" Ekim tried to shrug Leyla off, but Leyla had never considered not interfering in Ekim's love life.

"Ekim has finally found a boyfriend, Ayşe!" Leyla rose up and started dancing, dragging Ayşe along with her. Ekim rolled her eyes at their infantile behaviour. They genuinely rejoiced in something as foolish as an assumption. Although seeing how thrilled they were for her warmed Ekim's heart.

"But wait, who is he?" Ayşe inquired as to when she had quit dancing. Leyla, on the other hand, kept on while ignoring Ayşe's query.

"In fact, we haven't made it official yet." Leyla shouted and hugged Ekim before kissing her on the cheek.

"Ekim, you've finally found someone!"

"You act as though I've been single for forty years. Besides, my last relationship was two years ago."

Ayşe grinned as she made her comment. Leyla, on the other hand, frowned and rolled her eyes.

"You would if that boy didn't fall in love with you. You'd do..." Leyla came to a halt in the middle of her statement due to Ayşe's warning stare.

"How did you guys meet?" Ayşe inquired to shift the subject. To be honest, Ekim felt grateful for her kindness. Leyla may be a little too much at times, and her lack of tact was the icing on the cake.

"It happened on the beach. I was upset with my father for reasons I don't recall. Then I strolled like a hypnotised person to the ocean..."

"But, you can't swim." Leyla cut her off. Ekim breathed deeply. She wondered why she was friends with Leyla at moments like this. Why couldn't she just listen to what she was saying?

"He did save me, and one thing led to another." While lifting her fingers to her lips, Ekim subconsciously began to grin. The adolescent girl recalled the last time they kissed.

"Look at how happy she is. I want to talk to him." Leyla exclaimed joyfully. "What is his name?" Ayşe asked with a smile on her face.

"Aziz."