15

So this one shot is after episode 18

Seeing them in the hotel so close to each other made Ekim's blood boil. How could she be so foolish and believe him again after everything he had done to her?

He made her relive the worst day of her life, and she, the idiot that she was, forgave him because she loved him.

Why did she even love such a jerk?

Was it even all worth it?

Not for her.

She packed her courage and told her mother that same evening that she had accepted to move to Izmir to finish her studies.

She was first hesitant because of her friends and him, but why should she now worry about it?

He betrayed her; Melisa had been the most honest in the past several days, which honestly shocked her.

Furthermore, Hazal had been distant recently as a result of her father's death, which Ekim could understand. But she didn't say where she went.

She didn't even inform anyone where she was going. She simply returned calls and messages, but as soon as inquiries about her location started to surface, she immediately changed the subject.

Istanbul had injured her so badly that she no longer had the strength to fight back. All of the unpleasant things, such as bullying, Teacher Bahar's death, and Kanat's cheating on her, shattered her will to stay in that awful city.

And thus six years have passed.

Ekim graduated from university and started working as a journalist.

She enjoyed her time in Izmir. The people were lovely, her mother met someone who mended her shattered heart when Dervish Bey broke it, and she was away from all the turmoil in Istanbul.

She was visiting her mother and stepfather today, like she does almost every Friday evening. She then stayed the night before going out with her friends or meeting her boyfriend.

She rang the doorbell with a bottle of wine in her hands and waited for her mother to open it. She fell over her mother's neck and kissed her on the cheek as soon as she opened the door.

"My baby came. Come in, it's freezing outside."

Actually, that wasn't the case because it was fairly warm, but mums, you know. They would say anything to let you do what they want.

Ekim immediately shut the door and changed her outdoor shoes for indoors. She then handed her mother the bottle of wine and went to the bathroom.

"Fatih brought it with him from France. I hope you enjoy it."

While washing her hands in the restroom, Ekim yelled.

"Where is he? I thought he'd accompany you." Neşe responded by putting the wine on the table.

"He is travelling to see his friend in Antep. He apologised profusely for his absence." Ekim responded by going over to her stepfather, Ismail, and hugging him.

He was a close friend of hers who even was the a father figure for her. She knew for one hundred percent that she could rely on him whenever she needed help.

"Our sweetheart arrived. Neşe, dear, did you place the shrimp salad I made on the table?"

He asked as his wife was about to call them to the table. She rushed to the kitchen and returned with a bowl.

"Please come to the table."

The little family sat in their normal seats and proceeded to discuss anything new in their life.