11

This is like an apology gift for not posting the last week. Enjoy :)

Kanat woke up early in the morning in a sweat-filled bath. He had a nightmare in which the love of his life abandoned him and refused to forgive him for reminding her of how her father abandoned her.

He had hurt her again till she had left him for good. He exhaled in dread before seeing, or rather, checking to see if she was sleeping next to him.

She was sleeping on the left side of the bed. He wanted to kiss her awake since she seemed so serene and beautiful. His hand instinctively reached for his wife's hair.

She was really the most stunning woman he had ever seen in his life.

"Kanat." She smiled while keeping her eyes closed.

"Yes, love?" He inquired. He cherished hearing her voice. It was constantly reassuring him that his life was not a flawless fantasy.

"I love you." She put her head to his chest, whispering. "I love you too."

He inhaled her pleasant perfume and kissed her head.

"Did you have another nightmare?" She inquired after a long pause. Kanat did not respond. He didn't want to worry her. He was aware of her efforts to comfort him everytime he awoke with a panic attack.

"I forgive you, Kanat. It happened seven years ago." She adjusted her head so her chin rested on his chest and eventually opened her eyes.

"I know, I'm still not sure why I'm having these dreams."

Even while he still experienced nightmares, they grew less frequent. Ekim sighed before going in close to Kanat and kissing him on the lips.

"I'm real, as is our marriage." She murmured before kissing him again. Kanat grinned into the kiss and flipped them so that his wife was on her back and he was on top.

"Remember when you said you wanted children? Now is the moment."

Ekim chuckled before kissing him again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kanat's biggest pet peeve was his job. He despised being apart from his wife for eight hours a day. And that is why, when he wasn't busy, he contacted her every hour and even convinced her to attend lunch with him.

He was now frantic, waiting for his wife to return with her meal. Since Ekim became a writer, she has only worked when she was inspired, which meant she has spent her days at home, bored with her life.

That was what he had imagined.

Ekim actually loved her lifestyle, but getting embraces and kisses as a result of Kanat's assumption was just a bonus for her. He didn't have to know everything, did he?

"Kanat Bey." He looked up to see his secretary, Ela, between the doorsteps.

"Your wife is here."

His grim visage, which had scarred most of the people in the company, softened instantaneously. He went to embrace Ekim as soon as he saw her walk in, looking as stunning as usual with a huge smile on her face.

Every time Ela saw her employer act in this manner, she was taken aback. When his wife was there, he was like an entirely different guy.

When she initially arrived at the workplace, she was terrified of him, and there were several negative rumours about him that persisted.

On the other hand, some women even try to seduce him, which led to their quick dismissal. She knew how h e despised unprofessionalism at work.

He frequently ridiculed others and yelled at them when they did not meet his standards. But when she met his wife, who was a total darling, she couldn't believe they could be together at first. But she noticed it now. She observed how well he looked after her and how kind he was with her. When he glanced at her, it was as if all of his anger vanished. When she was present, he became a whole different person.