13

Hi this one-shot was requested by a friend of mine a long time ago. Don't worry your requests are all almost finished and will be updated soon.

Kanat had to get up early since his alarm had been malfunctioning for a long time and it woke him up at the wrong hour. Purchasing a new one, however, would be prohibitively expensive due to inflation thanks to the covid-19.

Bread was nearly tough to get by for his family.

While his mother worked three jobs to support their family, his father went out every evening and drank some alcohol with his friends before gambling all of their money away.

Their mother tried to divorce him several times, but she couldn't afford a lawyer, so the only option was to live with a human parasite.

"Good morning." He greeted at his mother and kissed her on the cheek.

"Good morning, son. You're up early." He didn't respond since he didn't want to make her feel any worse about their financial position.

"I didn't sleep well." He came up with a plausible excuse. It was better to lie to his mother than make her lovely smile disappear.

"Are you heading to Ozan's?"

Kanat grabbed an apple and ate some of it when she asked him.

"I am. Why?"

"Give him the cookies that I made. You both received scholarships to the new school. I am so proud of you."

A few months ago, the prestigious school where they were now going was called superficial since it only took rich kids, so three months ago they launched a scholarship competition for everyone who wasn't privileged. Kanat, Ozan, and Melisa won the competition, and today was their first day of school.

"Hey, bro." Ozan greeted him and wrapped his arm around Kanat as he appeared from behind.

"I was on my way to your house." Kanat told his best friend, who beamed brightly as if he had made a million dollars in his life.

"I arrived sooner. My enthusiasm kept me awake." Ozan has been unable to conceal his joy since learning that he had been accepted. He was like a sun that was always shining for the last two weeks. Therefore, their entire neighbourhood was joyful as well.

"Ozan, you haven't slept for two weeks." Melisa spoke up.

She was not only Kanat's childhood friend, but was also Ozan's girlfriend. However she still denied their relationship despite the fact that everyone knew they were together.

"How did you sleep, babe?"

Ozan released Kanat's neck and wrapped his arm over hers.

"It would be better if you didn't proclaim how thrilled you were at two a.m." She answered before punching him in the stomach with her elbow and walking away as if nothing had happened.

Kanat grinned at the scene in front of him. They always pretended to be that way, yet when they needed one other, they were there for each other.

"Wait a minute, babe." Ozan shouted after coming to his senses after the pain and ran after his girlfriend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oha."

That's what Ozan said as they approached the school.

"Are you sure that's a school?"

He was right. The Güleryüz school was extremely extravagant. It was similar to a palast, but it was only there for learning.