17

Hi guys, here is the promised one-shot.

"Oh gosh, cover yourself!"

Since she was a child, Ekim has wanted to learn to swim. Her dream was to float through the water like the other children in her neighbourhood.

She was occasionally envious of their ability to learn the sport because she lacked it.

Her father always promised to take her to the beach before he abandoned her. She trusted in him and hoped he was right, like an innocent child.

Of course, her father would rather play cards and sip tea with his friends than teach her how to swim.

So, instead of her father, Aunt Şükran, or Ayşe's parents took her to the beach,

While her friends went to the sea to swim, she stayed back and played with sand, fearful of touching the water.

Aunt Şükran once inquired why she didn't go to the water to cool down.

Ekim did not respond, and the elderly woman realised why the girl had refused to touch the water.

Ekim had spent her entire childhood waiting for her father to teach her to swim. Unfortunately, she never got to since her father decided to leave them for another woman, who, in Ekim's opinion, was a dreadful woman.

That was something the child had never forgiven her father for, and she had never forgiven him for taking a chance from her for learning how to swim.

She just disregarded the children's babble about the beach or pool and as she grew older she focused on other things instead. And, over time, she lost interest in swimming in general.  Except when Melisa pushed her into the water or when Kanat jumped into the pool with her in his embrace. At these moments she wished she could swim.

This brought us back to the ex-couple, who were now friends.

Ekim searched for Kanat and only found him wearing his bathing shorts and with a towel drying his hair. Kanat began to smirk at Ekim's response as she shielded her eyes. She was just too precious to him.

"This is a swimming pool, my dear friend."

Ekim sighed and rolled her eyes. He used to make fun of her like that because she chose to begin as friends. It was like a mini revenge when she refused to start over as a couple.

"It's quite common for people to be half naked. You would have known if you had been in a real pool before."

Again with the tease. Ekim, her eyes still covered, fought to keep her rage at bay. She was going to get back at him. He'd see.

"In case you forgot, I wasn't there because I can't swim."

Kanat remembered. He well remembered everything. He also remembered how she panicked when he jumped into the pool with her in his arms. That incident brought them closer. The teenager went over to Ekim and took her hands off her face.

"You act as if you haven't seen me naked before."

Ekim's face reddened at his words.

He just had to tease her, didn't he?

He grasped her chin with his two fingers while she struggled to look away. He lifted her head slightly to force her to look into his eyes.

Ekim closed her eyes as he went in for a kiss. His hands slipped gently behind her thighs, and just as Ekim was about to meet his lips, she was lifted, and Kanat jumped into the water with her.

Ekim cursed that handsome idiot.

The tiny girl clutched him fiercely out of dread. She was afraid he would leave her, as he had done in their previous relationship.