12.2

If there is one thing you should know about Kanat Günay, it is his love for school, which he developed through the months. Kanat looked forward to going to school. He enjoyed being there, which caused his grades to soar like loans in certain bank accounts.

And who assisted him in performing better in school? His girlfriend was the one who helped him boost his grades.

He began as the worst student but swiftly rose to the top, stunning his teachers. Some even noticed Ekim's strategy and told him that his girlfriend had a positive impact on him.

He was behaving less stupidly and had ceased harassing other classmates.

Kanat went to the library, where Ekim was constantly. He discovered that she liked the library since it had an exquisite aroma. That was something Ekim told him.

Hazal was occasionally with her, but Ekim was frequently alone during the breaks. When he saw his girlfriend, he broke out in a tremendous smile. He sat down next her, which caught her off guard.

"Holy sh*t." She swore angrily and began laughing at her to calm her down.

Another thing he noticed about her She either grinned or laughed when she was uneasy or in an awkward position.

"Sorry." He apologised before delicately lifting her head to his lips and resting his hand on her head.

"What did that brilliant mind of yours do?" He inquired, his hand moving around her neck and pointing to the sheet of paper.

"After seeing how I wrote the essay, Teacher Bahar invited me to join in a literature competition, and I thought of a nice topic to write about." She explained, scratching her temple with her finger.

"Wow, Ekim, that's incredible." He stated this while kissing her on the cheek. "You can write on a variety of topics. Racism, gender equality, bullying, and other issues." He added after kissing the same region he had kissed previously.

"There is so much. I can't decide." Ekim slammed the pencil on the table and buried her face in his chest, enraged.

"Write something about us." He proposed surprising the petite girl.

"What exactly do you mean?" She asked because she wanted to clarify his suggestion. She knew he was smart, but Kanat enjoyed being dumb all the time.

"I talk about how a smile can transform a person. It's both romantic and moral." He explained before touching her nose with his finger.

Ekim blushed and turned her head away from him to hide her red-colored face.

"You behave as though I'm seeing your red for the first time. Remember a year ago? You used to blush anytime I passed by." He recalled her, causing the brunette to resemble the colour of a tomato.

"Be quiet."

She tapped him on the shoulder and looked him in the eyes. His arms wrapped instinctively around her to hug her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taking the basketball in his hands Kanat swung it into the hoop right away. It was almost like a reflex. He had to do it. He enjoyed it. He smiled as he went to the ball and threw it a few times.

"Wow. Look how Kanat Bey is flaunting himself." A familiar voice spoke to him.

He raised his head to see Ekim seated on the tribune, her legs crossed, her upper body leaning on her elbows, which rested on her thighs, and a large smile on her face. He adored her smile.

It brought back memories of the day he saw her for the first time in a year at the café.

"Of course," he says. "I have to maintain my cool composure in front of my girlfriend. Did you happen to see her? She's this small and has a great knack for writing."