18

It was storming outside when Kanat entered the hotel in London. The rain was practically pouring hard on the floor while the floor was pushing the water back to the air, resulting in the water's movements moving like a ping-pong ball.

Kanat cursed his manager for taking him there during the rain period. It was raining the whole day, but the amount of water falling down in the evening increased a lot.

With his suitcase, the young basketball player went to the reception and waited to get the receptionist's attention.

"Excuse me."

The impatience grew inside him, making him a bit angry. He really needed to get his emotions under control. It had been a difficult thing to do since that day.

"Welcome! How can I help you?" The receptionist asked him with a smile on his face that Kanat wanted to smack so hard that he only had a painful expression on his dumb face.

"I need a room for the night."

His flight was cancelled at the last minute because of the weather, which could also be the source of his anger.

"Excuse me, but there is only one available room left right now, and it was already taken." The receptionist was interrupted by his chief.

Next to him was a stunning woman dressed in a suit that was always beautifully hugging her body.Ekim smiled with her usual business smile and waited for the receptionist to give her the key to her room. Likely paralyzed, the man handed her the key and looked apologetic at Kanat. Ekim turned her head to finally meet his eyes. Like always, they were the brightest eyes Kanat had ever seen.

"Long time no see, Kanat."

And whose fault was that? It was she who broke up with him, not otherwise. Actually, it was he who begged her to stay, but she still left him heartbroken.

That night, Kanat realized that he was humiliating himself and stopped contacting her until he saw her today, making him remember their time together. He forgot how much he was in love with that smile, even though he knew it was fake.

"Long time, no see." He responded and turned his attention back to the receptionist.

"Listen, I really need a room right now."

"I'm sorry, but because the flight was cancelled, we have no room left. The last one was reserved by Ms. Güleryüz."

Kanat was cursed by the irony of this situation.

"If you don't mind, we can share the room."

Kanat didn't like that idea at all. He would never dare be with her in a room anymore, but he didn't have a choice.

"Thank you."

Ekim went to the lift, waiting for him to enter as well. Awkwardly, the young man joined his ex-girlfriend, and as soon as they arrived at their floor, they got out.

Kanat watched how the girl he still loved moved as smoothly as always. She opened the door, and the ex-couple walked in.

"You've got to be kidding me."

He heard her mutter under his breath. He didn't understand why she was so mad, but then he looked around the room.

It was a freaking honeymoon lodge.

He really wasn't lucky today.

"I'll go to the restroom."

Kanat had to avoid her somehow. When they were together, he had always touched her in some way. He hugged her, kissed her, made love to her, or even patted her. But now he had to be away because he had no idea how he could control himself.