10.2

After Kanat's proposal, the pair proceeded to the registrar office to choose the best day for their wedding.

Kanat didn't want to wait a few years knowing he had to leave the country, so he encouraged Ekim to tie the knot sooner than she had anticipated.

As a result, they both signed the document to affirm their marriage in without anyone knowing.

Ekim had her doubts about making such a fast choice without her mother's approval at first, but she wanted to be with him no matter what.

Furthermore, it was difficult, if not impossible, to live without him.

She was completely in love with him, but she cautioned him of one thing before signing the certificate. She would divorce him without hesitation if he ever considered harming her emotionally or physically.

Kanat, of course, swore that he would rather die than ruin her beautiful smile.

So, now that they were married, Ekim finally changed her surname to Günay.

As expected, Suna Hanım followed through on her intention to go to Belgium with her sons.

When the choice was made, Kanat tried to persuade his wife to accompany him, but she refused. Ekim wanted to continue school with her friends by her side and didn't want to irritate her mother any further after learning about the situation.

She also wanted to be close to her because Neşe Hanım had fallen down the stairs after their first night as a married couple.

Ekim wanted to make sure her mother was okay and told Kanat that she would join to Belgium when she would go there for studying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How are you?" Ekim inquired as she held the phone to her ear with her shoulder while preparing her meal.

Her mother was working till the morning, so she was alone, and she felt secure talking to Kanat now. Kanat had a habit of calling her wife my wife or wifey since their marriage, and if her mother heard it, she swore she would be even shorter than she was.

"After hearing my wife's voice, I'm completely fine."

Ekim shook her head at his cheesiness. That's why she avoided talking to him when others were around.

"Stop it." Her cheeks began to flush as she whispered. It was still unusual for him to call her his wife, even though they had been married for two months now.

"What? Can I no longer refer to you as my wife?"

As he sat down on the balcony chair, he queried. He chuckled quietly as he imagined her cheeks reddening even more than before.

"Aziz told me that your mother threw a tantrum when she found out about our marriage." Ekim changed the subject so she could regain her composure.

"She did it... Because of her yelling, our neighbours phoned the cops."

Ekim chewed her lower lip in sorrow. She had no idea why Suna disliked her. Wasn't her love for her son sufficient for gaining some respect?

"Does she still resent me?"

Ekim poured the soup into her bowl and placed it on the table beside her spoon.

"Ekim, I care less what she's thinking of you. You're my wife, and you're the woman I love. She has no right to meddle in this right now. I even began to look for some apartments for us. When you come to Belgium, you'll be welcomed with the best of the best."