19

This One-shot was requested by a friend of mine

I hope you'll like it

Ekim is walking towards the house behind her university. Her heart is beating fast because of the fear of getting caught. She knows it is forbidden to do that, but she still needs it. 

With shaking hands, she lightly knocks on the door with her knuckles, signaling to the house owner why she is here. Immediately the door is opened by a man she knew her whole childhood. 

"Why are you here, girl?" Halil asks her, confused by her presence. 

"You know why I'm here." 

She has no time for his morality play. She needs it, and that's what she's here for.

"Rumors say you quit." Halil tells her, making the young woman roll her eyes. She is not in the mood for him lecturing her. 

"The rumours are false. Give it to me!" This time her voice isn't as kind as it was just a minute ago. 

"The money first." Halil protests, ignoring her rude manner of speaking to him. He knows—no, everyone knows—that she isn't the girl she used to be. Ekim takes the cash out of her pocket and waits for him to give her the medications she needs. 

Sighing, Halil gives her the drug while taking her money. Greedily, she takes it from him and runs off without even thanking him. She hides the precious miracle that brings back her joy in her life in her purse and enters her dorm at the university. She knows she needs to be careful, especially at the university. If someone knows she is addicted, she will lose her sponsorship, and her whole future will be ruined. 

She checks whether somebody is in the room before taking the pill. 

"You're doing it again?" 

Ekim quickly hides the pills under her pillow before she turns to see her best friend Hazal, or, should I say, former best friend. 

"Get lost," Ekim tells him before grabbing a bottle of water on her counter and drinking it. 

"Ekim, I thought you quit." 

The Güleryüz rolls her eyes. Why does everyone think she quit? Did she make an announcement or what? 

"You have no right to judge me." 

Ekim points at the counter beside Hazal's bed, where cigarettes are. 

"Does Orijinal know what you do after your father's death?" 

Ekim knows it was low of her, but she doesn't need a lecture from someone who is as addicted as she is. Hazal shakes her head in disappointment and leaves the dorm. Since the day she tried to reconcile Ekim and Kanat, Ekim has kept her distance from her. Then the tragedy happened, and Ekim shut everyone out of her life, including her. She tries to break through that barrier, but she isn't yet successful. 

For the last two years, Hazal has tried to convince Ekim to go to rehab or see a therapist. The answer was always the same. After mentioning it, Ekim ignores Hazal for a week instead of just saying no. 

With shaking hands, she calls the only person who can save her best friend from the misery she fell into. 

"Hazal?" 

"I need your help, Kanat. It's about Ekim. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kanat bought a ticket to Istanbul as soon as he heard what happened to Ekim. At first, he was mad at Hazal for not telling him about such an important thing to him.