One | Letter

Nancy's POV

Ever since Jonathan and the Byers have moved to California, Jonathan has distanced himself from me. We went from three hour calls to letters to nothing. Maybe it's just all in my head. I could just be paranoid for nothing, but this isn't like him. Jonathan Byers would never do something like this, at least the Jonathan I knew.

Maybe he's waiting for me to write a letter, so he knows he isn't the one holding our relationship together. Maybe he's just trying to forget about Hawkins and everyone in Hawkins. I mean, if it was me, I would. No one had anything good to say about Hawkins, Indiana. We're known as 'Hell' because of all of the monsters inside. Of course, we also have the famous Hawkins Lab, the lab where they practically abuse young children with powers. Mike's ex-girlfriend, Eleven, was one of those kids. She was the only known child to escape.

Of course, we also have Starcourt Mall, which "burned down" last summer. This monster called The Mind Flayer ruined it, and we can't forget about the Russians who were underneath the mall. Steve, my ex-boyfriend, was one of the four people who discovered them. Erica Sinclair, Robin Buckley, and Dustin Henderson were the three others. The point is, no one, and I mean no one wants to ever remember Hawkins, no one wants to think about Hawkins.

*****

Jonathan's POV

It's been about a year since my family and I moved to California. I have to say, this is way better than Hawkins. I met so many better people, for example, Argyle, my best friend. He was the one who introduced me to Purple Palm Tree Delight, drugs, and cigarettes! I have no clue what I would do without him. He works at Surfer Boys Pizza, the best pizza place in California. They are famous for their canned pineapples. The best part about California is the girls, the perfect bodies, shiny blonde hair, everything my girlfriend, Nancy, is not.

I walked out of my room, I think it's finally time to break up with Nancy, I've been holding it off for a few months now. I walked downstairs, going to go grab paper. "Hey Jonathan! Want to play Monopoly with Will and I? We're close to finishing this game!" Eleven, my adopted sister, asked me, "Not right now, El, maybe later?" I replied. I looked over towards Joyce, my mom, who was on the phone.

"Mom, do we have any paper?" I asked, "One second," Joyce told the person on the phone, "We have some in the cupboard. Why?" Joyce asked, "I'm going to write to Nancy." I replied, "Im finally breaking up with her!" Joyce quickly hung up the phone. "You can't break up with someone over a piece of paper, Jonathan! Why do you want to break up with her? She's gorgeous, kind, it's like she was made for you!" I rolled my eyes, "What else can I do then? Fly to Hawkins?" I asked, sarcastically.

Joyce smiled, "That's what you should do. Fly there, visit her, and if you still want to break up with her, then I'll allow you to." I glanced at Eleven and Will, who were quietly listening to our conversation. There is no way I'm flying all the way to Hawkins just to break up with Nancy. That's just so stupid.

*****

Nancy's POV

"Hey, mom, can I ask you something?"

"Of course, Nancy, what's up?"

"If someone's boyfriend never sends a letter or calls them, what should that person do?" I saw Karen sigh, like she knew this was going to happen.

"Is this about Jonathan?" She asked, I nodded. I hope we dont have to break up, I love Jonathan. I really do, I don't know what I would do without him..

I heard someone going down the stairs, Mike. "Is Jonathan being a jerk? I always knew he would end up being a jerk!" Did he seriously listen in on our conversation? "You listened to our onversation? How could you?" I asked, Mike's always been annoying, but he can't just listen to people's conversations like this! "Micheal! If you aren't included in a conversation, you don't listen in! Your sister and I were having a private conversation!" Kaen scolded. "Is that boy, John, I think his name was, ignoring you?" Ted asked while reading the paper. I rolled my eyes, "Jonathan, dad, and no." I replied.

*****

Steve's POV

"Robin! You were supposed to organize the shelves earlier!" I yelled, looking at the shelves.

"Oops, must've forgotten, since you're already over there, how about you organize them?" I rolled my eyes at her. This is her job, not mine, I shouldn't be the one doing it.

"What have you been doing that's so important?" I asked her, turing my head to face her.

"The movie has just gotten to the good part when I was about to organize them, I couldn't miss it!" Rovon exclaimed, still looking at the TV screen playing Back to the Future. I don't understand why she still watches that movie. All it reminds me of is when we almost died due to Russians at Starcourt Mall. These Russian men injected Truth Serum into us, which we acted like we were high after. Actual kids took care of us. Getting to the main point, we watched Back to the Future while on the serum, I don't remember much of it, but I do remember some.

That day, Robin told me that she was gay she told me she had a crush on Tammy thompson, a girl who sings like a Muppet. She confessed that she was jealous that Tammy liked me and wished she liked her instead. After a while, Robin did realize she doss sing like a Muppet and she that she liked a girl in her band class, Vickie, and has liked her ever since.

I don't like anyone, well, I do, but I refuse to tell anyone. Nancy Wheeler, my ex. I've tried to move on from her, but there's something that's special about her. The way she smiles, talks, makes everyone happy, and there's no way I can move on. It's been two, almost three years since we broke up, and no girl has made me feel the same way since. I doubt it, but maybe there could be a way for us to get back together?