Nine | Hellfire Club

Will's POV

I don't know what I was thinking. All I know is that I was mad. One thing led to another, and I was in the office, "Why did you push Troy?" The principal asked me.

"I-" I sighed, "He's been bullying me since fourth grade.." I tried explaining.

"And by how?" He asked.

"He's called me a fag, fairy, zombie boy, and so on.." I explained.

"That doesn't mean you can push him, you know that?" I nodded, but before he could say another word I flung his office door open and walked out. I know I'll get in trouble for this but if I got in trouble for defending myself who cares, honestly!

I speed walked to my class and tried to sit down as quickly as I could, but everyone still had the nerve to stare at me as if I was a ghost. "I bet that the fairy got in trouble!" Troy whispered to me, first day back in Hawkins and this is what happens, my luck I suppose. I pulled out the textbook from under my desk.

"Can't defend yourself now?" Troy's friend asked me.

"I can if you really want me to, but I think you might want to live a few more years, is that correct?" I asked her. She went silent as she opened her textbook. Did I just say that out loud? Shoot.. I felt everyone staring at me.

"Mr Byers, do you have something you'd like to tell everyone?" Our teacher, Mr. Jones asked me.

"No.." I mumbled quietly, shaking my head.

"That's what I thought." Mr. Jones finished, and after the long, boring lesson, the bell finally rang.

We quickly sat up and I met Mike in the hallway, we walked to lunch and I saw almost our whole party had t-shirts that said, "Hellfire Club" on them, "What's Hellfire?" I asked curiously.

"Who's this, Wheeler?" A man, looked about twenty, had long, brownish black hair that probably hasn't been brushed in years, he had black jeans, he looked like trouble..

"This is my boyfriend, the one and only William Byers." He replied.

"Hellfire is a Dungeons and Dragons club! Do you play, Byers?" The man asked me.

"You joined a D&D group? You guys hated D&D!" I said, how could they do this? When I leave, they join a D&D club after they hate it?

"We..uhm.." Dustin tried saying.

"Whatever.. It's fine.. Who are you?" Calming myself down a bit.

"Eddie Munson, want to join?" I nodded, my eyes feeling watery. I looked anywhere but the table.

"Will?" I heard someone ask, I didn't care who. I can't get over the fact that the party did this. It's fine, though! I left, and maybe they just wanted to do something? God, I need to stop making things so personal.

I looked back at the table. "Besides a D&D group, what is Hellfire?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Well, it's a club where a couple of times a week we use this empty classroom in the school. We have about fifteen players. We play D&D, obviously, and sometimes, when Sinclair is busy shooting balls into laundry baskets, his sister plays. We usually play right after school!" Eddie explained.

"Shooting balls into laundry baskets?" I asked.

"He means basketball." Lucas told me.

"What made you come to Hawkins, Byers?" Eddie asked, changing the subject again. I didn't reply.

"Family things, he's lived in Hawkins his whole life until his family moved to California last year." Mike told him we sat down.

"Do I get one of those T-shirts?" I asked.