Twenty | I Do

Steve's POV

We got home at midnight, automatically greeted by Ted and Karen, waiting for us. Ted was the only one not smiling when they all noticed a ring on Nancy's finger. "Excuse me? You never asked me if you could propose to my daughter!" Ted shouted at me.

"Ted, don't worry, he asked me!"

"He should have asked both of us, Karen! I don't approve of this!"

They argued for all of five minutes before shutting up. "Goodnight! Nancy and I are exhausted." I told them, as we left awkwardly. We entered our room and the second we entered Nancy took off her heels and put them away. A second later she walked into her bathroom to put down her hair as I got undressed and put on some sleep shorts.

Nancy walked out of the bathroom and walked into her closet to find one of my t-shirts and some short shorts and changed into them. "I love you, Steve." She said before pulling me into a kiss and didn't let go. I wrapped my arms around her waist as she put hers around my neck. Nancy pulled away for a second and said, "I can't believe I'm going to marry you, I feel like the luckiest girl alive." Before kissing me again.

*****

Nancy's POV

I woke up around seven but didn't get up. Steve had his arms wrapped around my waist and our legs were tangled together. I didn't care to get up and didn't want to get up. Why would I? I could just lay here and enjoy cuddling with my fiancé. Until I heard the door barge open. "Did you say yes? Did he ask you?" Mike started questioning me. Instead of responding, I lifted my left hand, revealing the ring. "Oh my god! Oh my god! They're engaged Will, they're engaged!" Mike shouted outside of the room, and Will entered.

This was going to be a long day..

***

We all walked downstairs to see Dustin, Max, Eleven, Joyce, Jonathan, Lucas, Karen, Holly, Ted, and Hopper all waiting for us. "She has a ring on!" Max exclaimed while pointing at my finger, and Jonathan's jaw dropped.
"Tell us everything, right now," Max demanded as we joined them on the couch.

"He took me to this romantic spot in the forest, it was so beautiful." I started, smiling brightly. "We talked for hours, and just before we were going to leave he gave me this whole speech, and then proposed," I explained, holding Steve's hand. "It was the best moment of my life." I finished before kissing Steve quickly. There were a lot of 'awws' from everyone except Jonathan and Ted.

***

Steve and I sat on my bed already started planning the basics like who would be the flower girl, bridesmaids, groomsmen, best man, and maid of honor. "I think it's obvious Holly should be the flower girl," Steve said, and I agreed. "I want to ask Mike to be the ring bearer." He suddenly said.

"Really? You both have hated each other for the longest time now. I didn't think you could trust him with such things." I asked.

"We've both overcome our differences, and there's no one else I'd love more than him. I was originally going to have Dustin since I trust him way more. But, I want him to be my best man." Steve said, "Who are you going to ask to be your maid of honor?"

"I think I'm going to ask Eleven, it was so tough to pick between Max and El but in the end, El and I are closer and have known each other way longer."

"Ready to go ask everyone?" Steve asked, taking my hand. I nodded before we headed downstairs. "Dustin, come over here!" Steve whisper-yelled and Dustin automatically came walking over.

"Hey, El? Can you come here for a second?" I asked, motioning for El to follow me outside.

"Yeah, Nance?" She asked as we walked outside of the house.