Fifteen | Preparing for the End

Steve's Pov

Okay, Holly is such an adorable kid. She's getting me excited for the future. If everything goes well, Nancy and I will most likely have one in the next three years or so if we are still together. I'm sure we'll be together still. Why wouldn't we be?

"How many guns do you think we need?" Nancy asked me, "Steve?"

"Sorry, spaced out," I told her, "We should probably get one or two of each gun they have."

"Can I help?" Holly asked, "You won't be able to carry a lot of guns at a time. It would be easier if I helped." Nancy and I shared glances, slowly nodding our heads. No one will find out, and it's not like she'll mess with them.

"If you are extremely careful while using them and absolutely no shooting, you can't even pretend." Nancy told Holly, "You can not tell mom or dad, especially dad, about this, alright?" Holly smiled quickly and nodded.

*****

Dustin's POV

"What all do you think we need?" I asked, "I've never had to put first aid kits together."

"We obviously need bandages, all shapes, and sizes." Max replied, "Cotton swabs, tweezers, elastic bandage, and scissors. We'll see if there's more to add when we finish."

"We'll definitely need to go to the store, we need to make a lot of first aid kits, and we don't have a lot of supplies in the house." I started, "Mike is about to leave. Do you want me to go grab him really quick? I'll tell him to buy supplies while there?

"Good idea, you better grab him before he leaves."

"See you in a minute!" I exclaimed before running towards the door.

*****

Nancy's POV

The rest of the car ride was silent, besides the tapping of my feet as we got closer to the station. I couldn't help but get myself anxious. Many things are going to be happening in the next couple of days, and we aren't even prepared. "Hey, it's going to be okay." Steve assured me before grabbing onto my hand, "We are going to be okay. Everyone will be okay, I promise."

"Don't make a promise you can't keep." I told him, frowning. "Vecna is going to try and kill us all. We don't know if everyone is going to be okay."

"Fine, the only promise I'll make is that I'm going to do everything, and I mean everything in my power to protect you, Mike, and Holly. But especially you, Nancy, I won't be able to live with myself if you die." I felt my vision get fuzzy while Steve spoke, "We are going to make it through this, okay?" Steve finished as he rubbed his fingers against my hand.

"You're going to protect me?" Holly asked. I looked back to see her smiling brightly. "But we've barely ever talked. Why would you do that for me?"

"Anyone related to your sister I'm going to protect." Steve said, "Minus your dad."

"Why not? What did my dad do?" Holly asked, not knowing what Ted has been doing.

"That's a story for another time. Also, Robina and Vickie are meeting us here to help us." I told her as we pulled into the police station.

*****

Will's POV

Lucas and I have gotten four families out of Hakwins so far. I definitely did not know how hard it would be to convince them that something horrible is going to happen here and that they need to leave.

"How many more houses?" I asked Lucas.

"About forty-five."

I sighed before knocking on the door to the next house, "Hello?" A little old lady asked.

"Hello Ma'am, I'm Lucas Sinclair, and this is Will byers. We are here to tell you something horrible is about to happen to Hawkins, and we need you to leave immediately. There is a hotel only a few miles away. If you leave now, they most likely won't be booked out. This isn't a joke. This is serious."

"Oh dear, let me go get my husband and granddaughter, and I'll make sure we leave in a few minutes! Thank you so much, dears." The old lady smiled, "Have a great day, dears!"

"You too!" We both said before getting on our bikes and biking over to the next house.

***

"That was the last house!" Lucas exclaimed as we watched a line of cars form to leave. "I can't believe we convinced everyone to leave, I really thought I would have to drag people out of their houses."

"Okay, you would never do that. If you did try to, it would end with me giving you a lecture."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

*****

Holly's POV

From the little amounts of times my parents have kissed, hugged, or even talked in front of me, I can tell that there is something going on between Nancy and Steve. The only question I have is what they were doing last night. It sounded as if they were really excited about something because there was a lot of clapping involved.

"Come on, Holly, we're here." Steve said, opening my car door. I quickly unbundled and got outt, running towards the Hawkins Police Station.

I looked back to see Nancy's eyes watery, "What's wrong?" I asked her.

Nancy moved to look me eye-to-eye, "Listen, Holly. I love you so much." I looked at her confused. What is going on? "If anything goes wrong in the next few days, I want you to know you are one of the smartest people I know. You're so sweet, intelligent, and so much more. I love you so, so, so, much, Holly. Never forget that, okay?"
I saw her eyes filling up with more tears, which made my eyes watery, too. I hugged Nancy tightly before she picked me up, I wrapped my legs around her waist.

She isn't going to die. No one is going to.

*****

Mike's POV

I tried making it to the store, but it took forever due to all the people leaving Hakwins. I have always thought of Hakwins as a small town until now.

"Hey, Mike!" I heard someone shout, Will. "We finished getting everyone out, so how about we help you stalk up on food and water?" I smiled at my boyfriend. He's so sweet. "There's no way you'll be able to do it all by yourself. You wouldn't even be able to carry a case of water."

"That's not true! I can carry a case of water!" I argued, "But, help would be nice." Will and Lucas starting biking behind me to the grocery store.

***

"How many cases of water do you think we need?" Lucas asked while looking at the shelves. "I'm thinking about ten, but what do you guys think?"

"How many waters are in each case?" Will asked.

"Each case has twenty-four waters." I said, "Five or six will be good, but let's get six to be safe."

"That's one hundred forty-four waters. That should be fine." Lucas agreed.

"Wait, do we have the money for this?" Will asked.

"Eveyone is out of town. We can just take it." I said.

"That's stealing!" Will argued.

"What if the electricity goes out and we can't get water from the fridge?" Lucas asked, "We need food and water to live. No one is going to care. We are going to save Hawkins."

"This is so illegal.." Will mutterd under his breath as we filled the car with cases of water, all kinds of food, and medical supplies.

"It's going to be okay, Will, we won't survive unless we do this." I assured him, "Now come on, let's go."

Lucas, Will, and I walked towards the doors of the store, fully prepared for the end of Hawkins.