Twelve | The Reunion

Will's POV

"We have to call Jonathan and my mom." I blurted out.

"What? Why?" Mike asked.

"They deserve to know what's happening. They can help us." I told everyone.

"You really think that's a good idea? Nancy just got cursed by Vecna, and now you want to invite her ex-boyfriend?" Max asked.

"I didn't mean it like that! I just think we need more people to help us. Both of them have fought these monsters before. It would be for the best!" I exclaimed.

"I think it's a good idea." Nancy mumbled.

"Are you sure? Do you really want to see your ex after what he did to you?" Robin asked.

"It's not about him, I don't care if I see him. As long as it'll help Hawkins, I'm okay with it." Nancy assured.

I looked at Steve, I don't think he likes the idea. He's probably worried Jonathan will want Nancy back.

"I don't think that's necessary. We can get Joyce. But, I think Jonathan won't be much help, He's already messed up." Steve finally spoke.

"Is it that, or are you just worried he'll take Nancy back?" El asked.

"Why would I be worried about that?" Steve asked her.

The room went silent when everyone but Nancy stared at him.

"So are we inviting them or not?" Dustin asked.

"I'll go get the phone." Lucas announced before running off to find the phone in this dump of a place.

"What do we do if they don't come?" Max asked.

"I guess we'll try and fight on our own." Mike said.

"I'm sure they'll come. All they're doing in California is stopping Jonathan from taking drugs and smoking." Steve reassured, Nancy was still quiet, but we could sometimes hear her mutter in response to our talking.

"Will! I got Joyce on the phone!" Lucas yelled to me, I ran to the phone.

"Will, what's going on?" I heard Joyce ask.

"Well.. Nancy got cursed by the fourty-year-old man just like Max did. He told her that he's sending an army to Hawkins and that Hawkins would fall. It's a lot to understand." I tried explaining.

"Why did you call us?" Joyce asked.

"We need you here. Book the next flight and get here." I demanded.

"Will, I want to go, but what will Jonathan do? The second I leave, he'll start getting high again, and he's finally getting back to himself!" Joyce exclaimed.

"Bring him. We'll need all the help we can get."

She hung up, "Hello? Hello?" God, she better be coming, I'm not going to let Hawkins fall. It doesn't matter if what Vecna told Nancy was real or not, but I'm not going to risk it. There's so much we need to accomplish that I need to accomplish it. We're not ready to die. I walked back to the living room, or at least the room I think is the living room.

"She and Jonathan might be coming, it kinda seemed like she kept trying to get out of it, like she didn't want to save Hawkins." I told them.

"Joyce would never want to not save Hawkins! She didn't even want to move from Hawkins!" Mike argued, most of them nodding in agreement. I looked over at Steve and Nancy, both of them not talking. Steve was trying to comfort her, but it wasn't helping. I could hear some mutters coming from Steve, but that was really it. I heard the phone ring, running to go pick it up.