Eleven | Lovers Lake

A couple of days later

Nancy's POV

Patrick died yesterday, Eddie is now hiding because everyone is saying he killed him. Right now, we're at Lovers Lake because the boys' compasses aren't working. We quickly realized we were above a gate to the upside down.

"I'll do it, I'll dive down there." Steve announced to us, Even though it was risky, it had to be done. Steve, Robin, Eddie, and I got on a boat to where a red light was coming from. It must be the gate. Steve took off his shirt, I couldn't help but stare, I looked away when I saw Robin smirking at me. Steve dived down into the water, I bit inside my cheek, I can't lose him. I know I won't, but what if something goes wrong? What if he drowns? Or maybe something kills him?

"Do you have a crush on Steve?" Robin asked.

"What? No! Of course not, why would you ask that?" I asked.

"You were staring at him. No friends just stare at each other shirtless." Robin replied, she was right, but she'd tell Steve if I liked him like that..I'm not ready to move on that quickly, Jonathan really hurt me and I can't risk being hurt again. "Just so you know, Steve loves you. He never stops talking about you at work."

Before I could say anything, Steve sprung out of the water, and  something pulled him down again. I stood up, and I couldn't let him die. I dove down into the water and swam to the gate. I went into it quickly, only to see Steve getting attacked by these bat things. Quickly came Robin and Eddie, we ran towards Steve and helpedgetg the bats off of him. God, these bats had a tight grip. I looked at him. Theree was a bat around Steve's neck. There's no way these bats would kill him, and  I won't let them.

Robin and Eddie were getting the bats off of his chest while I helped him pull the bat off his neck. When he stood up, he was bitten, bites all over his chest, "God, they really hurt you.." I gasped.

"It doesn't even hurt much, I'm fine, Nance, I promise." Steve told me.

"Do you think these bats have rabies?" Robin asked.

"What?" I asked her.

"Rabies is like, my biggest fear, so.." Robin confessed.

"I'm sure they don't have rabies. We better get out of here. Unless we all want to die." Eddie told us, we nodded. Looking at Steve again, I ripped part of my shirt and wrapped it around his wounded chest before walking towards Robin. Surprisingly, she is pretty cool once you talk to her more. As long as she doesn't say anything to Steve about earlier, it'll be fine.

*****

Eddie's POV

I don't know much about love, but I can tell Nancy and Steve have feelings for each other. I don't know what happened between them, but Steve needs to get her back.

"You know, when you got pulled back down, I wasn't going to go after you. But Wheeler, right there," I pointed at Nancy, "She didn't waste a second to go after you. Not one second. I don't know what happened between you two, but you need to get her back." I told Steve, he kept walking silently, staring at Nancy.

"She likes you too." I whispered to him.

"How would you know?" He asked.

"When you took off your shirt.. she wouldn't stop staring. It took Robin to smirk at her to make her stop. Mike tells me about how she never stops talking about you, and it gets on his nerves. Her cheeks turn red when she's around you. I may not know much, but I'm not dumb. Nancy really likes you, Steve. She loves you."

Steve shook his head, "She still likes Jonathan. She won't move on from him. It's obvious that she loves him and only him." I sighed.

"She doesn't want to get hurt again, Steve, that's all. She doesn't like Jonathan. If she did, she would've flown out to California to live with him." I told him.