Six | I love You

Robin's POV

Steve and I have another long shift at Family video today, we've organized the movies and checked out a lot of customers. The store is finally less crowded. I looked away for a second, and when I looked back, I saw a familiar face walk into the store, Vickie. I avoided eye contact as she walked around, I'm still upset with her even though I shouldn't be, I can't be mad at her for having a boyfriend. Vickie looked at me and smiled slightly, I looked at her and smiled.

She walked up to the counter and set some movies down, "Hey!" She said to me.

"Hi! How are you?" I asked, "I've been better, I broke up with my boyfriend. He was a jerk, honestly!" Vickie started saying, "How are you?" Vickie asked as she finished.

"I'm good! I'm sorry about your boyfriend.." I said while checking out her movies.

"It's fine, I've liked someone else for a while now anyway!" Vickie replied, Now I have zero chance. Steve looked at me and smiled. Why is he smiling? She likes someone. "Hey, what are you doing tonight?" Vickie quickly asked.

"Nothing, why?" I asked.

"Would you maybe like to go somewhere together?" She asked.

I smiled, "Yeah, for sure!" I said back happily.

I finished checking out her movies, put them in a bag, and gave the bag to her. "See you then!" Vickie said as she walked out of the store. I smiled as Steve walked towards me.

"You got a date!" He smiled.

"Any progress with Nancy?" I asked him.

"No, I might tell her how I feel today though, but she just broke up with Jonathan, she might not want to rush into a relationship," he started saying, "But, it's been two weeks, and honestly when she broke up with me she dated Jonathan in less than a couple days so maybe..What's the worse that could happen?" He finished.

"Just do it. If it goes wrong, it goes wrong." I started saying, "If it does go wrong, I'm making a new board!" I told him, he rolled his eyes.

*****

Time Skip

*****

Steve's POV

There's a million things that could go wrong with telling Nancy how I feel, I could humiliate myself. I got into my car and yelled, "Hurry up! I don't have all day!" To Robin, she ran to the car and got in.

"Someone forgot to lock up the store!" She said, I pulled out of Family Video and started driving to her house, "Where are you going to go for your date?" I asked.

"It's not a date, and anywhere Vickie wants to go!"

I smiled at her as I pulled into her driveway, "Bye!" I yelled as Robin got out of the car, and I drove home. I saw my parents waiting at the front door when I opened it, "Oh..Hey mom, hey dad.." I said.

"Where were you?" My dad asked.

"I was at work, why?" I asked before staring at the floor.

"You? Getting a job?" My mom asked before laughing, "As if you're useless!" My dad said before hitting me, I flinched.

"Weak." My dad scoffed.

"I was at work? Can I go now?" I asked, getting annoyed.

Before my dad could say anything, I ran to my room and locked the door. Why can't they leave again? I asked myself. I sat on my bed and rubbed where my dad hit me, it really hurt..I looked at my window, I unlocked it quickly and climbed out, I looked back at the house before running to my car and driving off.

*****
Nancy's POV

I got home from work and slammed the front door, "What's wrong?" I heard Mike ask as I walked upstairs.

"Don't worry about me!" I yelled from the top of the stairs, I looked down at him and walked to my room. I put my bag down and sat on my bed, I rubbed my forehead because of a headache that was forming. I heard a knock on my door, "Go away, Mike! I don't want to talk to you!" I yelled, I heard another knock, "Honestly, you don't underst-, " I started saying as I opened my door, "Steve?" I asked.

"Hey, Nance, are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked, glancing at the floor.

"Mike told me you just went upstairs when you came home from work. Did those men harass you again?" Steve asked, looking down at me. I nodded, not wanting to give a verbal response, Steve quickly pushed us into my bedroom and closed the door. "Listen, ignore those men. They're stupid, honestly!" I nodded, "If you don't want to talk about it, I'm not going to pressure you. But, if you would like to talk about it, I'm right here, okay?" Steve said, I nodded and looked up at him.

"Okay, what the actual heck happened to your face?" I asked him, seeing a bruise on his cheek.

"It's nothing, okay?" Steve tried saying.

"Stop lying and tell me, who hurt you?" I asked.

"My dad.." I heard him mutter, I sighed.

"How long has your dad been hurting you..? If you don't want to answer that, it's fine! It might be personal, and I'm not going to pressure you -" I started saying.

"Five," he started saying.

"What?" I quickly asked.

"Five, the age of five, okay?" He quickly finished, I moved closer to him, to where our skin was touching. I examined his cheek and frowned, "I'm fine, Nance, okay?" Steve quickly said, seeing my worried face. I shook my head.

"This isn't okay. Your dad shouldn't be hurting you. I'm going to get you an ice pack, stay here. Alright?" I responded and started walking out of the door.

"No, no, you really don't have too-" Steve started replying, and I glanced at him and shut my door. I ran downstairs and grabbed an ice pack out of the freezer, grabbed a paper towel, and ran back to my room.

I opened my door and sat down next to Steve on my bed, I wrapped the paper towel around the ice pack. I put the ice pack on Steve's face, and he smiled slightly at me, "I love you -" he blurted out, I looked at him, and I felt my cheeks turning red.

"Really?" I asked, tilting my head slightly. He scratched the back of his neck.

"Yeah..I uhm- I love you, Nance, I really love you.." his voice trailed off.

"I- I love you too, Steve, really." I quickly blurted out, Steve pushed the ice pack onto the bed, and he kissed me. I kissed back, and he slowly wrapped his arms around my waist and pushed us closer together.