Two | Dinner

Steve's POV

I might be busted, Robin has noticed my blushing every time someone pulls up Nancy. I keep trying to move on from her, but there's someone about her that no one else has. I've dated tons of girls over the past couple of years since we broke up, but no one has made me as happy as I was when we were together.

"Gosh, Harrington! Do you still like Nancy? She broke up with her almost four years ago!"

"What? I don't like her!"

"Explain the blushing on your cheeks then."

I shut up. I don't have any good explanation. "I knew it! I knew you still liked her!"

"Will you shut up?"

"No, thank you for offering, though!"

*****

Robin's POV

I can't believe Steve still likes Nancy! Why can't he move on? She's moved on. Every time someone gets back together with their ex, it always ends up badly. I should probably break it to him, but I'll let him believe there's a chance they could get back together, and it would be a healthy relationship.

"Robin! You were supposed to organize these shelves this morning!" Steve exclaims from the other side of the store.

"Oops! Must've forgotten!" He rolled his eyes at me as he started organizing the shelves. I can't do everything for him. He's done nothing at all for a week now.

Ring Ring

I looked to see who it was, Vickie. Great. "Hey Steve, I'll go organize the shelves now!" I exclaimed towards him, trying to make sure Vickie didn't see me.

"Too late! I already organized all of them!" He laughed, seeing Vickie. I rolled my eyes at him, "You can do this." He mouthed at me, making my cheeks turn pink.

"Hey Robin! I totally forgot you worked here!" Vickie exclaimed, walking towards the counter.

"Hey! How are you?" I asked.

"Good! My boyfriend's in town for spring break!" Vickie replied. I can't believe it, she has a boyfriend! How could I be so stupid! I really thought there was a chance!

"That's great! Have a good day!" I handed her her bag and watched as she walked out of the store. Steve jumped over the counter and patted my back. "What are you doing? First, of all, I'm okay. I don't care if she has a boyfriend." I started, "Second, there is a door to the counter, you know?" I asked, slightly laughing.

"I know, it's just so much easier!" He replied, his smile turned into a frown. "You are not okay. Your crush literally just said she has a boyfriend! Why are you acting like you don't care? Are you scared to get too attached to her?"

I didn't say anything, but he did read my mind.

*****

Mike's POV

I just sent in my weekly letter to Will, my boyfriend. Thankfully, I've kept our relationship a secret from everyone besides the party. I don't know what would happen if my parents found out I'm bisexual. They'd most likely disown me. Everyone knows that being anything but straight is bad, especially nowadays.

"Mike! Where have you been? You need to go get ready for dinner! We can't be late!" Nancy exclaimed as she started walking down the stairs.

"What din-" I cut myself off when I saw her wearing a tight purple spaghetti strapped dress, hair half-up half-down, with a white bow in it. White high heels and a matching white purse. "What are you wearing? Where are we even going?"

"Lucas won the championship game today, Steve invited the party, Robin, and I out to dinner to celebrate! I put a black suit on your bed, go get dressed!" She replied before I started walking up the stairs to my bedroom. Opening the door, I see a black suit and tie on the bed, just like she said. I can't believe we're dressing this fancy! The last time I wore a suit was to my boyfriend's funeral!

*****

Nancy's POV

I won't lie. We do have to dress fancy, but not this fancy. I just bought this dress, and I don't know when I'll be able to wear it again. Plus, I rarely ever look this good, so it'll be a great change for once! "Mike, hurry up!" I exclaimed, "We're going to be late!"

"I'm coming! I just need to put on my tie!"

Soon enough, he walked down the stairs, opening the house door. We got into the car and started driving, "Gosh, this suit is so hot!" Mike said, "Can you turn down the heat?"

"Gosh, you are always complaining." I turned the heat down before making a right turn to the restaurant. "Don't do anything embarrassing while we are here. This is very nice of Steve to invite us, so don't screw it up, Mike." He is like a toddler who constantly needs to be watched. Spilling food and drinks, rude comments, running around, anything a toddler would do.

We walked into the restaurant, "Hello! Do you have a reservation?" A young woman asked us.

"We got invited by a friend of ours, is Steve Harrington here?" I asked.

"His table is in the back corner of the restaurant. It's hard to miss. Have a good day!"

"You too!" I said, "Come on, Mike, let's go." He followed me to the corner of the restaurant, where their table was.

"Nancy, Mike! You made it!" Steve exclaimed.

"Sorry, we would have been here sooner if it wasn't for Mike." I told everyone, sitting next to Steve and Max. "Oh! Congrats on the win, Lucas. I'm not surprised you won. You're an amazing basketball player."

"He rides the bench." Max teases, Lucas rolling his eyes in response. "This was the first game he actually played in."

"Max, shut up. No one needs to know that!" Lucas whisper-yelled to her.

"Oops!"

*****

Steve's POV

Gosh, Nancy's dress really makes her beautiful. I mean, she already is drop-dead gorgeous, but this dress on her is just amazing. It hugs her waist, really tightly, making her curves more showy. "Steve is just so annoying at work, I regret getting Keith to hire him. He doesn't even need to work! His family is already rich!" I heard Robin say, which got me out of my thoughts. "He does absolutely nothing at work and then expects me to do everything! Just today, he got upset when he had to organize the shelves!"

"Okay, that's so not true!"
"Is true!"
"I always do work! You're the one who goes on break a lot!"
Robin rolled her eyes. Everyone was already laughing in between bites of their food.

I would say this dinner was definitely a win. Everyone is happy, and they're all so proud of Lucas, including me.