Three | Break Up

Jonathan's POV

BEEP BEEP

The alarm went off after exactly 4:30 a.m. It means it's finally time to get ready for the airport! Today is the day I have been waiting for the day I get to break up with Nancy!

I walked out of my room and went to the bathroom, turning the shower knob to hot as I started undressing. Stepping into the shower, I felt burning hot water hit my skin, I wanted to scream, but everyone was asleep. I quickly turned it down before putting shampoo in my hair, washing my body while letting the shampoo sit.

I stepped out of the shower, tying a towel around my waist. I brushed my teeth quickly, I definitely didn't want bad breath at the airport. No one wants to smell someone's bad breath, especially in a crowded area. I walked back to my room, changed, and grabbed my bag before going into Joyce's room to say goodbye, then walked out of the door.

*****

Steve's POV

I woke up at 5:30, half an hour before I usually woke up. After what happened with Vickie yesterday, I want to do something nice for Robin. I'm going to go to the store and buy her some candies and chocolate!

I quickly changed and walked out of my house, I checked my watch, 5:56, still making good time.
When I got to the store, I headed straight for the candy aisle. From past experiences, I remember her favorite candies arr Nerds, Sour Patch Kids, and Skittles. I grabbed those, some chocolate, and a little gift bag before paying and walking out of the store, 6:05, I better hurry unless I want to be killed by Robin.

*****

Robin's POV

I finished getting dressed as I heard Steve's car, I ran downstairs and opened my door, "Wake up my whole family while you're at it!" I said as I got in the car. Once I sat down, he handed me a bag, "What's this?" Steve just looked at me. Should I be scared? I opened it and smiled, "Why'd you buy this?" I asked while looking at him.

"thought I should try and cheer you up, from Vickie breaking your poor heart yesterday." He replied.

"Are you calling me poor or saying that it was sad?" I asked before bursting out laughing.

He started driving and said, "Well..Both, you're a senior and still having me drive you because you don't have a license, but it was also very sad what Vickie did." Steve said.

"Well, I'm sorry, not everyone is super rich like Steve the hair Harrington!" I replied, laughing before starting to apply my mascara.

"Don't expect me to buy your license for you. You have a job for a reason."

*****

Nancy's POV

DING DONG

I heard the doorbell, "I'll get it!" I told my mom and walked to the door, "Hel- Jonathan! Hi!" I exclaimed, going to hug him tightly. But instead, he pushed me away. "Why'd you do that?"

"I'm sorry Nancy, but I'm breaking up with you. I can't do this long distance, and I met some other girls in California, and they're so much better." He explained with lighting a cigarette.

"So this is what you do now? You smoke! Just when I think Jonathan Byers would never smoke or do drugs, here he is, at my front door smoking!" I shouted, "People change, Nance!" he said as he blew smoke in my face, "Just leave." I scoffed as he walked away. I slammed the front door and started walking upstairs, "You're not going to finish your breakfast?" Ted asked me, I glanced at him and went into my room.

*****

Mike's POV

I couldn't hear every word of the conversation they had, but I heard some, I better check on her since mom or dad aren't going to. They're stupid, honestly. I stood up and walked up the stairs. "You too? What's wrong with our kids?" I heard Ted ask Karen, No time for knocking, I swung open Nancy's room to see her hugging her pillow sobbing, I sat on her bed across from her and stared at her.

"Jonathan again?" She nodded and set her pillow down, "Should I call someone? Since you don't like talking to me?" I asked her, we were never the siblings to have heart to heart talks about emotional stuff.

"No, I'd rather talk to you than any of my friends."

I looked at her, "Really?" I asked as I raised my eyebrows.

"Of course!" She replied and smiled slightly.

"So what did the jerk Jonathan do this time?" I asked, almost forgetting that was why we were here in the first place.

"Well.. He traveled all the way here, Hawkins Indiana from California, to break up with me! I went to hug him from not seeing him for so long, and he straight up told me there's hotter girls in California and that I'm not his type anymore, and then he lit a cigarette! I thought he would never smoke or take drugs! And just like that, he blew smoke in my face and walked away.." she finished saying.

"First off, he's an absolute idiot to spend his money just to break up with the most amazing girl on earth, there's no way there's hotter girls in California, all people do in California is get drunk on the beach and party! He shouldn't have blew smoke in your face. That stuff is toxic!" I replied. She held back tears and hugged me tightly.

*****

Steve's POV

I pulled into Family Video and got out of the car, I walked to the bathroom and changed into my uniform before flipping the closed sign to open. I looked at Robin, who was already eating the candy I gave her, "At ten in the morning?" I asked her.

"Why else did you buy it? There's absolutely no way I'm waiting until later to eat it!" I burst out laughing as she rolled her eyes and poured nerds in her mouth.

She's so crazy. I went behind the counter and picked up a movie, I shoved it in her face."I found today's movie!" I said.

"E.T?," she burst out laughing.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I love E.T!" She said as she stole the movie from me and put E.T into the VHS player, I watched it from time to time as I checked people out. Today was much busier than yesterday. About three hours later, most people left. I realized something, Nance, and I call almost every day around this time. We just chatted with all that. Why hasn't she called?