Five | The Talk

Nancy's POV

I finally came out of my room for dinner, Karen and Ted stared at me as I sat down, "What?" I asked them. Mike looked at me, "Did you tell them?" I asked.

"Maybe..?" He said back, I glanced at him and started eating, not saying another word.

"Since you and John br-," Ted started saying.

"Jonathan." I said back, correcting him.

"Jonathan broke up. Are you going to get back together with Shawn?" Ted asked.

"Honestly, you can't remember anyone's name!" I said as I finished my food, got out of my seat, and started walking up the stairs to my bedroom. Mike glanced at me as I finished walking up the stairs and went into my room.

"Hey Nance! There's someone here who wants to see you!" I heard Mike yell from the front door, I walked downstairs to see Steve.

*****

Steve's POV

I watched Nancy walk downstairs. Honestly, why would someone break up with her? I watched Mike walk away as she walked to the door. She walked outside and shut the door, "Hey! What's up?" Nancy asked me

"I heard what happened with you and Jonathan. Are you okay?" I asked back worryingly. Nancy moved her eyes to the ground and said.

"Yeah, yeah! I'm fine! I'm great!" I frowned.

"You know you don't have to hide your feelings, Nance?" She looked up at me with watery eyes before hugging me tightly, I hugged back tightly, "It's okay, Nance, it's okay." I said, rubbing her back while doing so.

After a couple minutes, we ended up going upstairs to her room, "Wow, your room looks the exact same from high school!" I commented, Nancy sat down on her bed.

"Some things never change." Nancy replied, I sat down on her bed.

"What even happened that made you and Jonathan break up?" I asked Nancy.

"Well, according to Jonathan, there's hotter girls in California, and I'm not his type anymore. That's really it!" She said.

"I'd love to see these girls in California, because it seems impossible for someone to be hotter than you-" I blurted out, I quickly shut up, I looked over at Nancy and saw her cheeks red, she shook her head.

"It's not impossible. There's billions of other people. Before Jonathan moved to California, he would tell me he saw way hotter people walking around and that I needed to work on myself!" She replied and stared down at the blanket.

"Look, I don't know what Jonathan has been telling you. But that's all crap and you shouldn't say that to your girlfriend!" I started to explain, "If you would give me another chance I could show you how he should've treated you if you would give me another chance I could show you how he should've treated you," I muttered.

"What was that?" Nancy raised her eyebrows, "Nothing, okay?" She nodded

*****

Mike's POV

I walked upstairs to check on Nancy, I forgot Steve was here and opened the door, "Sorry!" I quickly shouted, I shut the door and walked to my bedroom. I wish Will came with Jonathan, I really miss him. This long-distance thing sucks. Why can't I just see my boyfriend? This is so stupid honestly, if Nancy and Steve were to get back together, they would see eachother everyday! They aren't getting back together, though. They're just friends, and they've been like that for three years! Besides, Jonathan just broke up with Nancy. She can't move on that quickly. I sat down at my desk and grabbed some paper, and started writing a letter,

"Dear Will,
I miss you so much! I can't wait until we get to see each other again! Your brother stopped by our house and was being a jerk. Sorry if that offended you. I guess he smokes now, too? When Jonathan goes back to California, could you tell him he made Nancy really upset and she's been crying ever since? It would be very appreciated! Anyway, how are you? I haven't sent you many letters since you moved, I'm sorry. I hope you're doing well, do you like your school? Has El gotten her powers back? When you get this, it would be great if you wrote back! If you're too busy, I understand, though!

Love,
Mike <3"

I put the letter in an envelope and rushed out of my room. I walked out of the house and got on my bike, I biked to the post office and put the envelope in the box. I hope Will gets it soon, I really want to talk to him!

I would call, but because of his mom's new job, she always uses the phone. I biked back to the house and opened the door, "Where were you?" Karen asked me, "I was dropping a letter off at the post office -" I started saying.

"Without my permission?" Ted asked.

"I'm sorry, okay?" I said.

*****

Two weeks later

*****

Nancy's POV

It's been two weeks since Jonathan and I broke up and Steve came over to talk, but I can't get over the fact what I heard him mutter, of course I acted like I didn't hear but I heard what he said loud and clear, "If you would give me another chance I could show you how he should've treated you," I really do like Steve, honestly, I might still love him.

But it's only been two weeks and I shouldn't move on that quickly, people could call me a slut again, and I honestly don't want to deal with that again. I walked downstairs, grabbed my purse, and walked out to my car. I started my car and drove to work, when I walked into the building the men already started harassing me almost immediately. I kept calm throughout the whole day and the second I could leave I walked out the door.