Fourteen | Offical & Prepared

Steve's POV

After explaining everything to Jonathan, Joyce, and Argyle, they had loads of questions.

"Why is he doing this?"

"What can I do to help, dude?"

"Should we make first aid kits?"

Those were just some of the questions they asked. We were all exhausted, wanting to go to sleep, but we really needed to explain what's happening to Hawkins and what everyone should do.

"I think we should leave the guns to Nancy, Joyce, Steve, and Hopper. They have used guns way more than us." Mike suggested.

"No daughter of mine is using a gun!" Ted grunted.

"You aren't a part of this, dad. You would do absolutely nothing to save Hawkins, I am going to use guns." Nancy told Ted. Ted decided to shut up, not wanting the Byers and Argyle to know he's abusive towards Nancy.

"Wait, are Max, Dustin, and Lucas going to help too? Shouldn't they be here?" Joyce suddenly asked.

"We could get Dustin, but I'm not so sure about Max and Lucas, Max is still Vecna's victim, after all." Mike explained to them, "I'll go call Dustin right now."

Dustin, Max, and Lucas walked through the door, shocked to see Joyce and Jonathan standing before them. "Joyce!" Max exclaimed, bringing her into a tight embrace. Joyce had always been like another mother to Max, so seeing her again definitely made her happy. "I've missed you so much!" Max told her, still in a hug.

"I've missed you too! How have you been?" Joyce asked.

"Besides a fourty-year-old man trying to kill me, I'm great!" I smiled. Ever since she's been his victim, she hadn't been herself. So, seeing her make a joke again is showing that she is making progress.

*****

Lucas's POV

Max is happy, smiling, laughing, and so much more. This is amazing. She went from depressed, almost murdered, to herself again in only two months. I couldn't be more proud of her.

"Lucas! Come on, we have a lot of planning to do." Max called, grabbing my hand before dragging me to the sofa.

"Alright, Max and Dustin, we want you to make first-aid kits." Karen said, "Lucas, you and Will are going to get everyone out of town." Of course, I get a job that involves going door to door. Why couldn't I get something that involves fighting? "El, Nancy, Joyce, Steve, and Hopper are going to be the main fighters. Mike, you're going to get food, water, and others. Everyone else, you just fight." Karen ended. We all nodded of approval.

"Just one thing, these are your main jobs. When you're done with the main job, you're obviously going to fight." Nancy added, that makes way more sense. There's no way they can make four people fight against hundreds of thousand of monsters.

*****

Nancy's POV

"Alright, everyone, get some rest. Tomorrow is the day we are going to start preparing!" Joyce exclaimed as some people went downstairs, some upstairs, and some stayed in the living room. It's official. This house is jam-packed. There's no possible way you could fit one more person unless they slept in the bathroom.

Steve and I went into my room, where we both sleep every night. Ever since Vecna went into my mind, I've been getting horrible nightmares every night, and he helps me calm down after them. "Nancy! Can you open the door?" I heard Jonathan call, I sighed, looking at Steve, who was also annoyed.

I swung the door open, "What do you want?" I asked.

"I just want to talk, I miss you. Nothing has been the same after I broke up with you. I quit taking drugs and smoking, and we were great together. I was always high, which made me think things that weren't true. No girl in California is better than you, hotter than you, or has your personality. I can't sleep at night because of the guilt. I know I broke your heart, Nancy. I'm really sorry. I promise I'll be a better boyfriend, I'll treat you how you deserve to be treated! I can not live without you, Nancy. I want to have a future with you. Everyone knows we were an amazing couple, Nancy, you can not lie. I know you feel the same way about me. You don't need to hide your feelings, Nancy! We love each other, stop lying to yourself, and just kiss me already!" Jonthan pulled me close to him, about to kiss me when I pulled away quickly.