Thirteen | Ted's Attack

Steve's POV

Not even five minutes after Nancy fell asleep, Will and Mike busted open the door, "I knew it! I knew it! I knew you'd get back together!" Mike yelled, jumping up and down, making me open my eyes.

"Will you shut up?" I asked, "She's finally resting! Also, we aren't together. She's simply terrified after what happened earlier!" Mike went quiet.

"didn't see that -" he said. Before Nancy opened her eyes, I wanted to say something.

"What's going on?" She asked, looking around.

"Nothing, alright?" I said, "Go back to sleep, I'll take care of them." Will stood frozen, Nancy nodding her head as she slowly closed her eyes again.

"We're sorry - We didn't know she was sleeping." Will apologized.

"Are you going to be a couple?" Mike asked.

"I'm not sure, alright? Could you leave? Nancy really needs sleep." I replied, Mike and Will nodding as they walked out, shutting the door behind them. I felt my eyes shutting, I must be tired too, then?

Nancy kept waking up in the night, cold sweat, and blinking away tears. She kept having nightmares. She just can't catch a break. After the restless night, I finally got her to sleep for a couple of hours before I woke up. I stayed there, hugging her waist. I never wanted to let go, at that moment Eleven opened the door, "Get up! Mrs. Wheeler wants everyone to be up and ready by 9:30! We have lots of things to do before Jonathan and Joyce get here!" I looked at her.

"Alright, we'll be ready soon. Shut the door." I replied.

"Yeah, yeah. Get ready quickly." El said before shutting the door. I felt bad for needing to wake Nancy up. This had been the most amount of sleep she's gotten at one time.

"Hey, Nance, we have to get up." I whispered, "Your mom wants us all ready by 9:30." I told her, she turned to face me.

"What time is it?" She asked, not even opening her eyes.

"Uhm," Iooked at her white clock on her nightstand, "8:56." I replied. I sat up, slowly getting off of her bed.

We got ready and walked downstairs, everyone else already down there. "So, we have to clean the house, decide how we're going to explain what is happening in depth, and then pick Joyce and Jonathan up from the airport by 5:15 PM!" Karen told us, "Mike, Eleven, and Will, you get the downstairs cleaned. Steve Nancy gets the upstairs cleaned, especially the guest bedroom." Karen told us, we both nodded. Nancy and I started walking up the stairs towards the upstairs when Eleven followed us.

"I need to get my things out of the guest bedroom-" she told us, speed walking towards the guest room.

"I'll clean Mike's room?" I suggested.

"I'll clean the guest and my parents' room." Nancy replied, I nodded.

*****

Will's POV

We decided Mike cleans the living room, Eleven cleans the basement, and I clean the kitchen, the worst out of all three options. It's not that it's super messy it's just that it'll take the longest, cleaning all the dishes, pots, and pans. They're a family of five, tons and tons of dishes piled the sink. I almost feel bad for Karen. No one besides Nancy helps her. Her husband is a complete jerk. He's so lazy! I really hope Mike doesn't take after his father. If we, by any chance, got married, I want both of us to do things around the house. I doubt we'll get married, though. We've only been together around nine months.