Eight | The Favor

Steve's POV

I pulled away slightly, frowning at Nancy, "If anyone killed Barb, it was me. I brought you upstairs, if I didn't she would be alive, okay?" I told Nancy. She shook her head.

"No, it wouldn't be your fault. She told me we should go home, I didn't listen.." She explained to me.

"We were younger. We didn't know what would happen." I tried telling her.

"It could've been prevented.." I shook my head.

"Nance, you shouldn't blame yourself, okay?" I told her, I ran my fingers through Nancy's hair and saw her cheeks turn red. It was super cute..

"I'll try..Uhm, I better go to sleep - I have work early tomorrow.." Nancy quickly said.

"Oh yeah - for sure, goodnight then!" I replied, slightly upset.

"Night, Steve!" Nancy said, I walked out and closed the door.

I went into my bedroom, well, the guest bedroom, and changed into a white t-shirt and sweatpants. I looked at my wrist to check the time, shoot, and my watch must've fallen off. I checked the guest room and realized I had it on until I went into Nancy's room, I walked to her room and opened the door. My eyes searched the room for a second, when I looked to the right I saw Nancy, mid changing "Holy-" I mumbled, I quickly closed the door before she noticed I was in there. Wow, I forgot what she looked like, I shouldn't be thinking about this. She only wants to be friends, nothing more. I knocked on her door, not wanting to barge in this time.

Nancy opened the door, wearing an oversized t-shirt and probably shorts under. "I left my watch in here -" I blurted out.

"I thought that watch was yours," she walked over to her dresser and picked up a watch, I looked at her. That was my t-shirt she was wearing. It was one of the shirts I gave her back in senior year. She kept it? Nancy handed me my watch.

"I like your shirt, by the way." I told her, smirking, Nancy's ears turning red.

"Oh..Thanks- sorry - this shirt was the only one that was clean, but if it bothers you, I can definitely change - sorry.." She explained.

"No, no, no- it's cute." I told her, blushing. Her blue eyes met mine, I couldn't help but smile, god, she was beautiful.

*****

Nancy's POV

When my eyes met his eyes, I died inside. I was so stupid when I left him. It's only been a couple of weeks since Jonthan broke up with me, though. I shouldn't move on this quickly even though I want to date him. The only problem would be people calling me a slut because I dated someone after only being broken up with for a couple weeks, and that would be horrible. I smiled slightly at Steve, there was silence, "I- I better head to bed -" I broke the silence, handing Steve his watch.

"Goodnight, Nance." He told me.

"Night!" I replied. He walked out of my room, closing the door. I walked over to my bed and got under my pink blanket. Soon enough, I fell asleep quickly.

*****

Time Skip

*****

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, I sat up and turned it off before going to the bathroom to shower. I brushed my teeth, went into my room, and changed. I walked out of my room and saw Steve across the hall, "Good morning!" I heard him practically yell.

"Morning!" I yelled back.

Mike flung his door open with a brush in his hair, "Would you shut up! It's seven in the morning, for god's sake!" He lectured us, I rolled my eyes at him, "Also, I got a favor to ask you -" Mike started saying to steve.

"And what's that?" Steve asked.

"When you and Nancy have babies, can you name the first one, sorry - first boy, Mike?" Mike asked Steve, and we both turned red.

"Uhm- yeah, sure?" Steve responded.

"Okay, thanks! I really appreciate it- and please wait a few more years!" He yelled as Steve and I walked down the stairs.

"Whatever!" I yelled back.

I walked outside to my car, "Sorry about him -" I told Steve.

"It's fine, but should we do his favor?" He asked me, I kind of froze.

"What?" I looked back at him, smiling.

"When we have kids, hypothetically speaking, want to name the first one - first boy, Mike?" I blushed and nodded.

"Yeah, for sure, hypothetically." I replied, we both knew that this wasn't all hypothetical. We really wanted this. "First girl has to be named Barb though, hypothetically!" I told him, smiling.

"Oh yeah, for sure. I was already thinking that, hypothetically." Steve told me while getting in his car, "See you later, Nance." He told he as he pulled out of the driveway to go to work. I got in my car and drove to work. Can't wait for another miserable day of those men harassing me..

*****

Mike's POV

I biked to school, like always. When I got to school I saw something weird, someone was at the bike stand, it wasn't anyone though. He was short, had a bowl cut, and was facing the school, Will? I quickly biked faster and got to the bike stand, I hopped off of my bike, "Will?" I asked. He turned around, smiling.

"Hey, I don't think we've met!" Will said, Sarcastically, pulling me into a hug.

"I don't think so either! What's your name? Besides hottest boy on earth -" I told him, Will turned red, "What are you doing here?" I quickly asked him.

"Mom sent me here, I'm staying for a while! She needs a couple of months to try and make Jonathan stop smoking, so I'm here!" I smiled slightly, grabbing his hand.

"I can show you around?" I asked him.

"I'd like that." Will replied, I walked in with him, and the party automatically crowed around him.

"Will?"

"Oh my gosh!"

"Why are you here?"

"How are you?"

I saw Will getting overwhelmed. "Hey, uhm, he'll tell you everything at lunch, okay?" They all nodded, I walked away with Will

"Thanks.." Will told me quietly.

"Anytime!" I replied. After a while of showing him around, we ran into Troy.

"Look! The fairy is back!" He yelled.

"Shut up, Troy!" I tried to stop him.

"His boyfriend is defending him. How cute!" His friend told us.

"Come on, Will, let's just go -" we started walking away when they grabbed our shirt collars.

"You can't just walk away. We aren't finished with our conversation, fairies." Troy told us.

"I think we are, actually." Will said, I looked at him, shocked.

"The gay fairy speaks, guys!" He announced.

"Shut up, Troy! I'm honestly done with you!" Will practicality yelled at them, I smiled at him, I've never seen him defend himself..not once.

"Come on, Will, this isn't worth it -" I tried telling him. Before I could look at him, I heard something fall, Troy. I quickly looked and saw Troy on the ground, Will pushed him?